Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Simo

Died this morning in the Malaysian GP.  He represented hope in what has become quite a dull sport.  Sometime reckless.  Always entertaining.  Ciao Marco.

Comments

• Options
    Just seen the crash, his helmet came off and it was such a horrible sight.
    RIP.
  • Options
    The sport's senna moment. 

An absolute hero. Can't believe it. Completely gutted. 

Not going to watch the crash. RIP. 
  • Options
    Going to get a little number 58 for my bike. 
  • Options
    Horrible week for motorsport. RIP.
  • Options
    Great rider, great character and great hair.

RIP
  • Options
    Genuinely upset by this news.
    A real character who will be sadly missed.
  • Options
    RIP, saw him interviewed after the Philip Island race only a few days ago and thought what a nice guy and a real  character, now he's gone. Terrible loss of such a young life.
  • Options
    Hell, terrible news. I was invited to this event as a guest of one of the sponsors in Malaysia but had to cry off as I am in England.
  • Options
    MCSMCS
    edited October 2011
    Rip Simo, that was a horrifying crash, heart sank as soon as I saw it, was my favorite rider too, really gutted.
  • Options
    MCSMCS
    edited October 2011
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes, really sad news. The guy ruffled a few feathers in his all too brief career, but was a true racer.
  • Options
    RIP sir, this is Mrs RM's favourite sport (she is a bike rider herself), she is out at a dog agility show currently and wont knowthis has happened, she has recorded the race, I'm going to have to tell her before she watches I think, she really liked Simo.......sad day.
  • Options
    RIP, tragic.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Just seen this, terrible tragedy. He in my opinion was the Lewis Hamilton of Moto GP.

He had a genuine winner's attitude and was only let down by the wrecklessness that came with it. This accident however was a simple case of the bike just sliding away from him and the other two riders watching their target... the next corner.

Riposa In Pace Marco Simoncelli
  • Options
    RIP Marco .
  • Options
    RIP Marco.

A real talent and such sad news. 
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    just seen the crash absolutely terrible.

RIP Marco.
  • Options
    A terrific racer with a great personality. Could have gone on to true greatness in the sport: so very, very sad. RIP Marco.
  • Options
    Didn't see this thread so I added my own.  R.I.P. Marco
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2011
    R.I.P. Una vita breve ma brillante
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    @WasCharleyOne

Know what you mean about not feeling right. Would've been a future champion.

Race in peace.
  • Options
    That actually made me cry.
  • Options
    That actually made me cry.
    Feel for you mate. Know you love your moto and a fellow countryman.
  • Options
    RIP .
  • Options

Tragic occurrence, I can't believe they don't get more deaths in motor-cycling given how fast they are travelling and how many bikes are on the track at the same time.

You wonder if the poor bastard that hit him will ever get over it.

• Options
    edited October 2011

Tragic occurrence, I can't believe they don't get more deaths in motor-cycling given how fast they are travelling and how many bikes are on the track at the same time.

You wonder if the poor bastard that hit him will ever get over it.

It was Rossi and Colin Edwards who hit him. Many saw Simoncelli as Rossi's natural successor and they were very close. Rossi has since tweeted that marco was 'like a younger brother'. I'm sure both Edwards and Rossi are devastated, and I wonder whether, Edwards especially, may pack it in.
  • Options

Totally awful, feel for Rossi and Edwards and for Simo's family. Especially his girlfriend who was track side and was clearly devistated the moment it happend.

Edwards was packing it in at the end of the season anyway. I wonder if Rossi will do another season in his honour or something.