Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton choice

edited October 2011 in General Charlton

How do i listen to this ? it took ages to find a link & then asked for a user name & password but not the chance to register as a new listener ?

Thanks

Comments

• Its closed very sadly
  • how come its closed mate? Thought it was a decent show myself
  • Thanks Rodney

That is a shame, I was able to listen to one show thought it was great. I hadn't seen any mention of it closing down what happened?

• Yep was brilliant.  Not my place to say why but it is a real shame and a sad loss to those of us who cant or wont shell out for the official one.

• What a shame like to no why?
  • I did wonder what had happened as like charltonbob, I was asked to sign in.

• Yeah I am curious to know what happend?
  • It's some sort of secret, apparently.
  • Did the club put pressure on them to stop as it clashed with the "official" radio programme ?
  • I was speaking to Choice a couple of weeks ago & he made no mention of it closing. Although the listening figures for Choice TV & Charlton Live were not great.
  • Sponsored links:

• Musical differences
  • Nicholas was getting too old apparently.
  • I was speaking to Choice a couple of weeks ago & he made no mention of it closing. Although the listening figures for Choice TV & Charlton Live were not great.

Did he say what they were? I'd be interested in knowing how many listeners each programme was / is getting.

Did he say what they were? I'd be interested in knowing how many listeners each programme was / is getting.
    He did, but I wouldn't like to say, in case he is continuing. But he did say both were getting less than 100 listeners.

He did, but I wouldn't like to say, in case he is continuing. But he did say both were getting less than 100 listeners.
    I thought you weren't going to say : - )

If true then suggests there wasn't enough demand for two similar shows
  • doubt thats the reason its stopped

I can't speak for anyone else, but that's certainly incorrect regarding Charlton Live.

Due to the way the FLi site works, it's difficult (and time-consuming) to pin down exact figures, but when I did this towards the end of last season, the show was averaging around 300-400 listeners.

I don't think this is bad at all, given the maximum listenership is the approx 1,600 subscribers to the service. So that's about 25 per cent tuning in on a Sunday night on a regular basis, and others listening at their convenience when the show is put up again later in the week or via the edited podcasts (almost 3,000 downloaded from the Charlton Live website alone, not counting iTunes).