Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Keeping Crow quiet

Comments

• Options
    Yep, the Victoria and Central lines are automatic.
  • Options
    I thought some of the tube lines were automatic and the bloke on the front is only there so the public think there is someone driving the train and to operate the doors!
    So, on at least half of the 'skills used' section highlighted earlier, I was wrong. The knob bit has been phased out. Although I guess turning a knob might still be the way the doors are operated, it's probably more complicated than that (pressing one of two buttons).

Either way, I'm sure nurses will agree that's well worth 50 grand a year.
  • Options
    all this talk of Knobs and Bob Crow ... can someone please investigate to see if the two are in any way linked
  • Options
    cue Bedsaddick ....
    No point your minds made up. Long live sir Bob.
  • Options
    cue Bedsaddick ....
    No point your minds made up. Long live sir Bob.
    Comparing the transport situation to greedy bankers is the most ridiculous and ill informed comparison I think I have ever heard and that's the last im saying on the subject.
  • Options
    Do feel free to flounce off without bothering to actually debate the point.
  • Options
    I love it when Bedsaddick double posts

.. it's like he's having some sort of internal squabble with himself

Not sure why you quoted me then mentioned Bankers .. when I hadn't actually mentioned Bankers ?!?

Listen to the voices ....
  • Options
    In fairness to Beds, no one seems to be actually debating anything. Consensus: Crow= c**t, anyone associated with him tarred by same brush. No debate, no listening to other valid points, just slanging.
  • Options
    yep great isn't it :o)
  • Options
    Im not 100% sure about the extent of the automated tubes as Im not in London anymore.On the Nurses front I got grief in hospital off the two that were allegedly looking after me.When they found out I was a train driver all I got was smart comments about how easy it was and how overworked and under paid they were and they never turned up when I rang the bell and wouldn't give me pain relief .In the end I snapped and had a pop back saying that I had done three years training the same as them and that they knew the pay rate for nurses before they started so what was their problem? They could have applied and been drivers if they wanted,this resulted in more abuse which I then just got nasty and remarked on the size of them they must have had plenty of money for food.I booked out a day early! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Im not 100% sure about the extent of the automated tubes as Im not in London anymore.On the Nurses front I got grief in hospital off the two that were allegedly looking after me.When they found out I was a train driver all I got was smart comments about how easy it was and how overworked and under paid they were and they never turned up when I rang the bell and wouldn't give me pain relief .In the end I snapped and had a pop back saying that I had done three years training the same as them and that they knew the pay rate for nurses before they started so what was their problem? They could have applied and been drivers if they wanted,this resulted in more abuse which I then just got nasty and remarked on the size of them they must have had plenty of money for food.I booked out a day early! 

so it didn't turn into the start of a beautiful romance then ??
  • Options
    You had a packet of Skittles today?
  • Options
    Surprisingly no!
  • Options
    Not you!
  • Options
    Apologies Plaaayer

Serious discussions only from now on - right after I start the search for you sense of humour ...
  • Options
    Sorry plaaayer commenting on the romance bit.
  • Options
    Ah, half term has arrived.
  • Options
    In fairness to Beds, no one seems to be actually debating anything. Consensus: Crow= c**t, anyone associated with him tarred by same brush. No debate, no listening to other valid points, just slanging.
    Thank you. Voice of reason at last. As someone said , it is half term.

• Options
    edited October 2011
    Cheer up chaps ffs
  • Options
    Newbie chap your right of course

they are all c**ts and need  burning.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hey, I'm not going to actually get drawn into this. Just saying the whole thread seems like a vicious, totally pointless cycle. I'm saying sink the thread for what it's worth.
  • Options

Bob Crowe is a perfect example of capitalism in action. Crowe sells the skills/product of his members for the highest price he can get in the current market, maximising profits if you like. Crowe has his products (train work) placed to get the customer to buy from him. If Milton Friedman, the economist so loved by Margaret Thatcher, is right, then the market will find it's own level eventually...but for now Crowe is operating in a field of supply and demand, is laughing because of the lack of competition, and making as much money as he can in the present circumstances.

Right wingers should give Bob Crowe a medal.

• Options
    edited March 2013

That's the most ridiculous and ill informed comparison some bloke has ever heard and that's the last he's saying on the subject. Possibly.
  • Options
    Crowe- stands up for poeple and fights for a fairer society. Fred the shred- takes what he can and goes into hiding.
    What part of that do some people on here not get?
  • Options
    As a member and representative for the RMT, can I just say that whilst Bob Crow is our General Secretary and the public face of the RMT it is the workplace representatives who negotiate with the train operators including London Underground.

What we get is excellent support from the union to ensure that our members are given the best possible service. The TSSA is also a rail union yet are nowhere near as strong as the RMT and it is because of the support we get at local level.

We do what a trade union is supposed to do and support our members.

I
  • Options
    edited October 2011

Bob Crowe is a perfect example of capitalism in action. Crowe sells the skills/product of his members for the highest price he can get in the current market, maximising profits if you like. Crowe has his products (train work) placed to get the customer to buy from him. If Milton Friedman, the economist so loved by Margaret Thatcher, is right, then the market will find it's own level eventually...but for now Crowe is operating in a field of supply and demand, is laughing because of the lack of competition, and making as much money as he can in the present circumstances.

Right wingers should give Bob Crowe a medal.

That's the most ridiculous and ill informed comparison some bloke has ever heard and that's the last he's saying on the subject. Possibly.

It isn't a comparison at all; it's a description. Which makes your post the most ridiculous and ill informed critique some bloke has ever seen.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    It's great to see the legend that is Bob Crow on question time at the moment. A prime minister in the making ?
  • Options
    What has that labour politician got on the end of his nose ?
  • Options

It's great to see the legend that is Bob Crow on question time at the moment. A pime minister in the making ?

This should be in the "Joke" thread!
  • Options
    Bob crow is a grade one cnut