Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

John Terry

Comments

• Options
    he should be put down to put us out of our misery.
  • Options

@Bournemouth Addick

RT means Re-tweet - basically, quoting what someone has 'tweeted' (typed) to you, so that all that follow you see it.

@suzisausage - so it's basically like forwarding on an email that's been sent to you in private? And you don't have to have the person permission to publish this? Blimey.

• Options
    edited October 2011

Trust everyone's favourite paper to finally speak some sense

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2052843/John-Terry-racism-row-Anton-Ferdinand-game.html

The final paragraph is truly unbelievable <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

• Options
    The explanation attributed to Terry sounds plausible- probably one to reserve judgement on and leave it to the Premier League.
  • Options

Trust everyone's favourite paper to finally speak some sense

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2052843/John-Terry-racism-row-Anton-Ferdinand-game.html

The final paragraph is truly unbelievable <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

"So, Mr Evra and Mr Ferdinand, I know you feel insulted. But perhaps in this case you could just put up with it and get on with the game."...

The whole tone of that piece is that it used to be much worse than now (true) and that in other places it still is (also true). But to conclude with the summing up above is just stunning.

• Options
    No a retweet is not sending on a private message.  Anything you tweet goes out to anyone who wants to look at your timeline.  A DM is a private message. 
  • Options

"So, Mr Evra and Mr Ferdinand, I know you feel insulted. But perhaps in this case you could just put up with it and get on with the game."...

Cannot believe that the journo is being serious here. I assume that its his attempt at some kind of misguided ironic wit.
  • Options

The whole tone of that piece is that it used to be much worse than now ( But to conclude with the summing up above is just stunning.

Yep. Used to be much worse back in the days  when the Daily Mail was supporting Moseley's blackshirts!
  • Options
    edited October 2011

• Options
    edited October 2011
    Sorry dont know what happened there still cant post links here for some reason

The video slowed down is here - make your own mind up.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/video/2011/oct/24/john-terry-anton-ferdinand-video
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Much as think the guy is a first clas twonk  seems like he does say "blind"
  • Options
    First two times i've watched and i think he says blind but then the third time I started doubting it.  I'm no expert, and no fan of him.
  • Options
    If you think he says blind then it appears so. if you think he says black it also appears so. Totally inconclusive to me.
  • Options
    if he is found guilty of this then there will be calls for him not only to be stripped of the captaincy, but also dropped from the England team

not a bad thing as he's been playing pony anyway for a while
  • Options
    The FA and the MET are now looking into it.
    Glad about that. I hope they throw the book at both Chelsea (for ''failing to control their players'') and at Mr Nasty.

There's a telling set of photos on the BBC football  web site page which shows him screaming in the face of just about everyone on the pitch.

Horrible, arrogant man who parks in disabled bays because he thinks the £90 fine for doing so is a price worth paying for his personal convenience. Doesn't even think about the disabled person whose life he is inconveniencing.

Brilliant quote by Wind-Up Warnock : "I thought the referee had a great game - he made less mistakes than both teams."

It's the inclusion of his own team in that equation that is genius. Makes him seem self-deprecating and honest. Which he isn't, of course. But if you are going to spin, at least do it with wit and intelligence - and Warnock is a master.
    I saw that post-match interview with Warnock and his digs at Chelsea and wind-up comments were absolutely masterful, I liked "Usually Chelsea get them kind of decisions in their favor."
  • Options
    It might be clear what he said but innocent until proven guilty.
  • Options
    It's hardly rocket science but if a lip reader was consulted then job done.
  • Options
    But Terry has admitted to saying "black" and not "blind" so no lip reader required. It's the context it was said in that is the issue... 
  • Options
    But Terry has admitted to saying "black" and not "blind" so no lip reader required. It's the context it was said in that is the issue... 
    Are you sure? I haven't read anything like that.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Are you sure? I haven't read anything like that.
    His original statement released on Monday implies he said it but it was taken out of context.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Overpaid, pampered idiot, part of the "England clique" that seem to get picked every tournament despite not doing much in international colours to warrant their repeated inclusion.

Should have been dropped from the England team the first time he lost the captaincy.

• Options
    Sorry dont know what happened there still cant post links here for some reason

The video slowed down is here - make your own mind up.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/video/2011/oct/24/john-terry-anton-ferdinand-video
    "You f*cking black c*nt" as far as I can make out
  • Options
    says blind c..t 
  • Options
    Is it ever going to be resolved to everyone's satisfaction? The hell it is. There'll be those adamant either way.
  • Options
    looks clear his saying blind
  • Options
    i think he says bland
  • Options

Love the way no one gives a toss about calling him a C**t, which he undoubtedly is.

Wonder whether the RNIB will give a toss about the blind comment as much as a few bored numpties on twitter.

Having said that any bad publicity for nonce Terry is good for me.

• Options
    i think he says bland
    If he claimed he  said ''I'll shag anything if it's blonde''  that might be more credible...
  • Options
    Question:

Why would he say Blind C* to Ferdinand? Wouldn't that be directed to the Referee?

Sorry if I missed something I just stumbled on this now with no prior knowledge.
  • Options
    Maybe he said 'blink' or 'bland' as beneath that moronic exterior lurks the mind of a masterful manipulator who enjoys winding up EVERY SINGLE PERSON as much as possible. He's like if a Bond Villain tried trolling.