Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mark Hughes Vs. Al Fayed.

No love lost between these two. 
Always funny to see handbags being thrown every now and then ;0)   

Comments

• Options
    Both very high on my list of people who I would want at a Dinner party.
  • Options

Mark Hughes was on Sky the day Tevez refused to play and tried to stick up for him--Sad Act...he left Fulham for a bigger club and has ended up with egg on his face...they say never go back Hughsie ...but you watch when Blackburn come knocking.

We would all want Fayed as an owner...he has been good for and to Fulham....

Hughes - sounds very bitter - perhaps he will get to manage a big club one day ...like Man City  ;-)

• Options

Mark Hughes was on Sky the day Tevez refused to play and tried to stick up for him

Maybe something to do with having the same owner agent.

Funny how owners often say "We never wanted him in the first place. <Current Manager> was the guy we really wanted"

Never liked Hughes as a manager. He certainly knew how to volley a football though!
  • Options
    Fulham made it public last summer Martin Jol was their first choice. Mark Hughes was second choice, yet he thought he was better than the club. lol, stupid man.

His signings at Man City were atrocious. Mancini (a FAR superior manager) has shipped out 90% of them.
  • Options
    Never liked Hughes as a player, yes he could volley a football, but he was typical of the modern day "can dish it out, but can't take it" player, long before it became typical. Was the ultimate whinger, whilst all the time giving opponents sly digs and kicks when he thought nobody was watching.
  • Options
    remember Carl Tiler having a ruck with him 10 years ago. Slimy bastard Hughes got him sent off and we lost 3-0.
  • Options
    His signings at Man City were atrocious. Mancini (a FAR superior manager) has shipped out 90% of them.
    Don't quite agree they were all atrocious, Hughes did sign some important players for City, of the current side he is responsible for Kompany, De Jong, Lescott, Barry. Agreed there was a fair amount of rubbish as well but he should at least take some credit for those. (Assuming of course Hughes and Mancini both had a say in all the transfers that came in which I very much doubt)
  • Options
    His Signings at City

Stuart Taylor Aston Villa Free 
    Gareth Barry Aston Villa £12million 
    Roque Santa Cruz Blackburn £17.5million 
    Carlos Tevez Media Sports Investments £27million 
    Emmanuel Adebayor Arsenal £25million 
    Kolo Toure Arsenal £16million 
    Sylvinho Barcelona Free 
    Joleon Lescott Everton £22million 
    Shay Given Newcastle £5million 
    Nigel de Jong Hamburg £17million 
    Craig Bellamy West Ham £14million 
    Gunnar Nielsen Free
    Wayne Bridge Chelsea £12million 
    Robinho Real Madrid £32.5million 
    Pablo Zabaleta Espanyol £6.4million 
    Glauber Berti Nuremburg Free 
    Shaun Wright-Phillips Chelsea £9million 
    Vincent Kompany Hamburg £6million 
    Tal Ben-Haim Chelsea £5million 
    Jo  CSKA £18million

• Options

Kompany has his limitations - can't play with 3 up front.... because, of course three is a crowd.

I thought of that one myself.

I'll get me coat.

• Options

Kompany has his limitations - can't play with 3 up front.... because, of course three is a crowd.

... a star is born
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    His Signings at City

Sylvinho Barcelona Free 
    Gunnar Nielsen Free
    Jo  CSKA £18million

Who said "His signings at Man City were atrocious" ......? Can't know too much about football, then.

;o)
  • Options
    He did overpay big time on a few though.
  • Options
    I agree with Al Fayed. And to be honest he wasnt lying when saying Martin Jol was his first choice.
  • Options
    I agree with Al Fayed. And to be honest he wasnt lying when saying Martin Jol was his first choice.
    Fair enough on this occasion. Seems to happen rather more often though.
  • Options
    "I'm disappointed for him of course I am, I think when you're involved with a club like United, as Sparky was over his career, you shouldn't go to a club like City. I think you should try and get employment somewhere else. I think Sparky is probably better of" Roy Keane December 09
  • Options
    His Signings at City

Sylvinho Barcelona Free 
    Gunnar Nielsen Free
    Jo  CSKA £18million

Who said "His signings at Man City were atrocious" ......? Can't know too much about football, then.

;o)
    Yes, but that does total more than  £240 million, I think, for 20 players - so that's an average of  £12 million + per player.

I think there are an awful lot of managers would have built a better team with that sort of money.

I remember sitting right behind the away dug-out when we played Blackburn in a mid-week game in 2006 (cup game, I think?).  My recollection is that Hughes was a complete tosspot, jumping up and down  and waving his arms about in ludicrously melodramatic fashion, berating officials and generally getting out of his pram in a most unseemly way. Always liked him as a player. Went off him big-time that night when I saw him in action from close quarters, because that wasn't passion - it was sheer petulance.
  • Options
    awful signings apart from kompany and zabaleta