Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Alzeimers Society Appeal

edited October 2011 in Not Sports Related
My dad is 83, he suffers with Alzeimers. My daughter-in-law is running The Great South Run this Sunday and she is collecting for the Alzeimers Society. If any of you would like to make a donation please use this link. Thanks in advance

http://www.justgiving.com/Katy-Elizabeth-Anderson

CHEERS!

Comments

• Options
    Big thanks for those who have donated.............THANKS!
  • Options
    My mum (77) has just been diagnosed with the double whammy of Vasculer dementia and Alzeimers, good luck to-your-daughter-in-law  DFT.
  • Options
    Yes, good luck - my father in law has just had to go into a home with alzheimers - a cruel illness and makes you want to cry every time you see him.
  • Options
    Thanks. Yes it's awful. They look like the same person but act like a strange child...........heartbreaking!
  • Options
    She's not my daughter-in-law, she is my step-daughter. It did make her smile though to suddenly learn she'd married my son!
  • Options
    My step-daughter works at a home whose residents all suffer with Alzeimer's to one degree or another. One of the residents is only 40. I love going down there for the social events, it can be very humbling. There's one lady who doesn't know what day it is and doesn't recognise her own family but when it comes to the song-alongs she knows every word of every song.
  • Options
    Cheers to all!
  • Options

Good luck to her DFT. Don't forget to remind her the clocks go back that night or she'll wonder why she's the only one there...*

*= it is go back in the autumn isn't it?

• Options

What people don't understand is that in some cases you are grieving the loss of a loved one despite them being still alive. Read that a possible cure has been found for the future- hope it comes to pass as I can't think of anything worse personally. My father in law is getting worse and is now in a permanent state of confusion and anxiety - sometimes we can find him in there for a minute or so but this is getting increasingly harder to do. He needs 24/7 care and has to pay for this (Over £600 a week) from his savings until they run out. Fortunately he is not aware of this and he isn't going to need money with his condition only going to get worse.

• Options

http://www.justgiving.com/Katy-Elizabeth-Anderson/?fb_ref=fundraising-page-top&fb_source=profile_multiline

Thanks to everyone who made a donation and for the good luck messages. She has now raised £295

You can still make a donation using this link

I'll remind her about the clocks!