Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

John Peel Day

Is today.

Comments

• God bless him.
  • Here Here! Sadly missed.
  • Dark nights lying on my bed in the '70's listening to JP on my old Fidelity radio waiting for the latest gem of a band he had uncovered, then going into school the nest day to discuss if they were any good, seem to remember a big arguement about Elvis (Costello).
    Great times!
    Was Teenage Kicks the greatest ever pop song? If Peel says so then it must be!!
  • It's about time they sorted out when John Peel day is once and for all.  It's previously been on the 11th, 12th and 13th of the month.  I guess having it on the 25th as the anniversary of his death makes sense but personally I preferred the less morbid, date of his last show.  Trouble is, with Radio 1 being increasingly unlikely to take a lead, it makes it a difficult date for others to remember.

Frightening thin is, if he'd survived he'd have been 72 now.  Doesn't that make you feel old.

Time to dig out the Half Man Half Biscuit.

• He played my Dad and Uncle's band back in the day. Legend.
  • A little early, being only November, but a good way to listen to John's Festive 50 tracks.

http://peelplayer.com/

enjoy :)
  • He played my Dad and Uncle's band back in the day. Legend.

what was the name of the band?