Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Live Podcasts

edited October 2011 in General Charlton
Finally got round to listening to some of the Charlton Live podcasts for the first time. What do you think ?  

I found it a pretty good 'best of ' feature of the main show. Heard one of the team saying they take something ridiculous like 6 hours to edit each podcast ? Fair play to the editors then!

Comments

• Options
    I really like them, good work to all involved.
  • Options
    I often can't listen to the show so will now listen to top class interviews through the pods
  • Options

Afternoon,

Not sure it takes 6 hours to edit, but it is time consuming, condensing 2 hours into 45 mins is hard going, made a little easier when you have a decent interview. Our main editors are Steve Adamason and Matt Wright does a few too.

Glad you are enjoying them, it makes all our effort worthwhile.

• Options
    Any reason why you batch them up ?

I've enjoyed listening to them but sometimes they are over 4 weeks since the broadcast. 

There has definitely been an improvement in the editing though and now the levels are mostly OK between the different clips. The interviews have been good.

Thanks for the hard work in editing them.

• Options
    It's basically down to when they get them done.

Thanks for the positive comments, it's really appreciated.
  • Options
    Excellent podcasts. Balanced and informative. Always download and listen.

I hope the download numbers are good.

• Options
    edited October 2011
    My favourites podcasts are the out-takes....sure there will be a new one soon. I've got of quite lightly so far but after the other week recording them into and outro I have fear in my eyes.

Glad you are all enjoying them, makes doing the show worthwhile. For non iTunes people out there they can be downloaded from our website www.charltonlive.co.uk
  • Options

Thanks for all the possitive comments, as one of the editors I can confirm it does take between 4-6 hours to edit a podcast depending on how many interviews there are in the show. Matt Wright is a better editor and had been doing so for years so he probably takes less time to edit

The reason they come out in blocks is due to time . We hope to speed up the time but for now we hope we release enough to keep you entertained till the next bunch of podcasts get released

Please feel free to give any feedback as we are always trying to get better
  • Options

Thanks for these comments, its very much appreciated by all the team, we are all volunteers, and running this does cost us money individually, all the equipment we use was purchased by the team, so to hear that people appreciate what we do is good, makes a change from the odd knocker , who I dont think quite realises we do this for our love of the club.

Keep listening, and if yu have any ideas let us know.