Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

GTA V

Trailer to be released next Wednesday, currently trending like crazy on twitter.

So, who thinks it'll be set in London?

Comments

• Options
    I think, and hope, it will be.
  • Options
    That would be great as long as it's not all red telephone boxes and routemaster buses and the cockney accents are more Ray Winston and less Dick Van Dyke.
  • Options
    That would be great as long as it's not all red telephone boxes and routemaster buses and the cockney accents are more Ray Winston and less Dick Van Dyke.
    To be fair one of the head developers is Rockstar London.

Quite excited!

• Options
    Yeah, but they've got to sell it to the septics. It'll probably have prince William in it
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    The V in 'Grand Theft Auto V' could suggest it wont be london, looks like american money art imitation.
    I heard someone hint Washington. Not really bothered where, as long as its massive i dont care

• Options
    One of the few games series I religiously purchase, excited about this
  • Options
    To be fair one of the head developers is Rockstar London.

Quite excited!

I think I'm right in saying that all the GTA games were developed by a bunch of British guys in the first place? One of them was set in London, I think it was a rehash of GTA 1 on the PC maybe?

I loved The Getaway, even though it was a bit rubbish at times. "I'm knackered!" haha
  • Options
    One of the few games series I religiously purchase, excited about this

Me too. Absolutely love the series.
  • Options

Yeah Jimmy i think the second one was set in London. It had the estate in Bermondsey (next to Lon Bridge station) in it and was all an ariel view.  Had a good soundtrack too with "Liquidator" amongst others.

• Options
    Rumour is it'll be a remake of San Andreas. Wouldn't mind that..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

i heard rumors of london, chicago and tokyo

whats the expected release date?

gta 4 rocked my sox off and im sure to buy gta 5

• Options
    Rumour is it'll be a remake of San Andreas. Wouldn't mind that..

That was my favourite one. Lost it but would still play it now if i hadnt. Massive game.
  • Options
    Same mate, quality game so much you could do.
  • Options
    can't wait. I still play IV on a regular basis.

please be in London.
  • Options

Never played one of them

whats it about ( ialways thought it was just drive about kill and beat people up )

• Options
    Apparently its gonna be set in LA, Robert De Niro and Gilbert Gottfried are said to be in talks for voice work. Seriously doubt that it will be set in London or any other "foreign" city, they need to appeal to the domestic US market primarily

Really wouldn't mind it being a sequel/prequel to san andreas, which i rate as one of the greatest games of all time.
  • Options
    The next Call of Duty is set in London isn't it?
  • Options
    The next Call of Duty is set in London isn't it?
    bits of it. 
  • Options
    edited October 2011

Never played one of them

whats it about ( ialways thought it was just drive about kill and beat people up )

Well, they're basically about organised crime, and the fact it's a sandbox game means that you can do pretty much whatever you like (including stealing cars, killing people etc) but the stories really are fantastic and engrossing, GTA vice city is about a young drug dealer taking over miami in the early 1980's, GTA San Andreas (the best one imo) is about a guy who comes back to his "hood" in a fictional los angeles (called los santos) when his mother dies, to find his old gang has fallen from grace and that the police chief is a crook who uses the gangs to fight amongst each other and create fear amongst people and the protagonist tries to get his gang back to the top, but it all goes horribly wrong... ;)

Basically, think scarface/boys in the hood/goodfellas type films but in a game. It really has so much more to it than killing people and stealing cars, although that can be fun when you want to relieve stress/had a bad day.
  • Options
    might buy it then cheers for that
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No worries, i honestly would highly recommend buying and playing San Andreas for the PC and giving it a go, it's the best GTA (and they're all brilliant) and would be very cheap and as long as your PC isnt ancient it should run. I can see how it isn't some people's cup of tea - like most 18 rated films aren't some peoples cup of tea - stay clear of it, but if you like those films that i mentioned, you'd like GTA.

Also, their soundtracks are fantastic as well, I still play GTA vice city sometimes just to listen to the epic 80s soundtrack.

• Options

GTA5-Peckham/lewisham

• Options
    I'd love a remake of Vice City.
  • Options

GTA5-Peckham/lewisham

my house shall be the secret hideout with my school being the setting for the finale and gets burned down in the process.   
  • Options
    These 'games' developers really are doing their bit to help shape our society.
  • Options
    riiiiiiight, except virtually all people who play these games are law abiding citizens and "violent" games are proven to relieve stress.
  • Options
    riiiiiiight, except virtually all people who play these games are law abiding citizens and "violent" games are proven to relieve stress.
    Don't you little oiks play football in the park with your mates anymore?
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited October 2011
    I think people who act out violent scenes already have it in their DNA and a game has no influence, or very little compared to other factors in their life.

From Doom, to Carmageddon, to GTA and Call of Duty - I've played them all over 20 odd years and never been compelled to go and be violent.
  • Options
    I do.
  • Options
    This is why i really don't like this forum sometimes. But yes, i do.