Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Frozen Planet

2»

Comments

• Options
    Superb ..............though the idiot tv reviewer in the metro claimed it to be horrifying & who wants to watch penguins getting their heads ripped off (they didn't)  or Bison being pursued & ripped apart by wolves ? Again we didn't see that although that is what happens in nature I'm afraid. Had to laugh (sorry) when the herd stampeded & the wolves attacked a lone bison & it was fighting to keep standing while another bison was running full pelt with his head down & just butted the one being atttacked to the ground...end of !
  • Options
    Superb ..............though the idiot tv reviewer in the metro claimed it to be horrifying & who wants to watch penguins getting their heads ripped off (they didn't)  or Bison being pursued & ripped apart by wolves ? Again we didn't see that although that is what happens in nature I'm afraid. Had to laugh (sorry) when the herd stampeded & the wolves attacked a lone bison & it was fighting to keep standing while another bison was running full pelt with his head down & just butted the one being atttacked to the ground...end of !
    There was something blackly amusing about that bit, wasnt there?  The fact that the wolves had picked out this lone bison, and about 3 ran straight past that could have helped it out, and then that last one condemned it to death.
    In all honesty, I thought parts of it were a little upsetting though, like when the seal was being chased by the whales.  Although I was watching it with my pregnant wife, and she was getting really upset by those parts.
  • Options
    I threatened to leave Virgin and got the HD for less than I was paying without HD as a result - I'm on what they call a loyal customer tariff because I threatened to leave them - I don't know what they call the mugs (like I was) paying significantly over the odds (and more than I do) every month- If I am a loyal customer they must be the most loyal customers in the world..
  • Options
    its all wazz - threaten to leave sky for virgin or vica versa, take them right to the brink with it and they'll cave in and give u virtually anything you want. widescreem, 3d, hd, its all guff.
  • Options
    tonights episode was incredible. the bison and wolf fighting to the death....amazing.
  • Options
    Its stunning - quite simply Attenborough and the BBC at their very best!
  • Options
    Programmes like this is what HD is there for.
    i don't have HD and was actually thinking to myself how much better can it be because the picture was fantastic. I'm very wary of all these advances. What next? Super HD?
    Super HD is being adopted by all the major film camera makers in the world. Film cameras will one day cease to exist.
  • Options
    That was the best wildlife programme i have ever watched , the wolf and Bison was just immense, HD all the way
  • Options
    Wonder if that wolf actually survived it`s injuries? I know it was the victor initially but it did take a good hiding from the bison who just couldn`t carry on because it was knackered in the end and had lost blood.
  • Options
    There is going to be a show at the O2 next March, not sure what it entails.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Incredible scenes, I sat there with my gob open.

You can have all the TV stations you want but none beat the Beeb when it comes to wildlife.

I loved the scene when the male emperor penguin didnt want to hand over the chick when the missus came back from her lunch!!
  • Options
    That bison was beyond thick. Why didnt it just lay on the wolf?
  • Options
    That bison was beyond thick. Why didnt it just lay on the wolf?
    because its a bison and like cows they are proper stoopid 8=)
  • Options
    Watched the Bison V Wolf fight with my 8 year old son last night and he was fascinated by it. Strangely he was on the the side of the wolf. Brilliant programme .
  • Options
    what's the difference between a bison and a buffalo?
  • Options
    You can't wash your hands in a buffalo!
  • Options
    You can't wash your hands in a buffalo!
    Very good
  • Options
    I've just caught the bison / wolf battle - this is a fascinating programme. I second the opinion that David Attenborough is unique and irreplaceable.

• Options
    Was lucky enough to spend some time on Antarctica and couldn't explain to people how awe inspiring the place is. This series does.
  • Options
    Still got last week's episode to watch and then the final one tomorrow night I think. It's been a stunning series so far. Even the wife's been watching it and she normally has the attention span of a concussed duckling.

Wish Attenborough was still the Director General at the BBC. Might get some more decent programmes and less John Barrowman.