Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bradley Wright Phillps or Gary Madine or Jordan Rhodes

Comments

• Options

I'd go for Rhodes, just, over Wright-Phillips. Madine is trouble on and off the field. He was sent off in the last game v Carlisle, his old club and appeared to make a threatening gesture at the referee as he reluctantly left the field gesticulating and waving his arms about like a silly, naughty little boy. Pity as he can be a great player on his day. As alluded to above the problem is, like many of his generation, he appears to be a spoilt brat who lacks any form of self discipline or manners.

Rhodes V W-P? .. Rhodes is younger, more mobile and scores more goals and I forgive him being an Englishman who considers himself to be a Scot.

• Options
    Well only one of them is better than a Premier League winger.
  • Options
    Interesting that no one has said Madine, the current top scorer.  Incidentally, has anyone seen his sending off against Carlisle?  What a maniac!  I can't believe he goes and shouts in the ref's face about it.  Hopefully he'll get a nice suspension to help us out...

Re: Madine he gets a 1 match ban apparentally as was 2 yellows but already was getting suspended for 1 game after the 1 yellow according to a SWFC fan

I couldnt really comment on the other 2 as i havent seen them enough but cant really go wrong with BWP at the mo cant we have 1 of the other 2 to join him ;)

• Options
    Interesting that no one has said Madine, the current top scorer.  Incidentally, has anyone seen his sending off against Carlisle?  What a maniac!  I can't believe he goes and shouts in the ref's face about it.  Hopefully he'll get a nice suspension to help us out...

Re: Madine he gets a 1 match ban apparentally as was 2 yellows but already was getting suspended for 1 game after the 1 yellow according to a SWFC fan

I couldnt really comment on the other 2 as i havent seen them enough but cant really go wrong with BWP at the mo cant we have 1 of the other 2 to join him ;)

I know he's being charged by the FA over it as well, but I guess that'll just be a fine? - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15484765.stm

By the way, I would choose BWP, just because I know what I'm getting.  Rhodes has been consistent in this division, but BWP has experience in the division above and the one above that, which is ultimately what we're after.
  • Options
    Long term, I'd go with Rhodes. You'd be mad not to.

If I had to pick one for this season only, I'm more than happy with the one we've got.

Madine is a mentalist. No thanks.

• Options
    BWP is proven within our team set up and has an understanding with both the forwards he has played alongside this season. JR isn't and not guaranteed to do so and as such as it's a bit of a no brainer if we want to get out of this division this season.
  • Options
    BWP easily, by far the best in the league. Rhodes is good and a very good striker - madine - no thanks. - I wouldn't swap BWP for anyone in this league, and not many in the championship
  • Options
    Happy with BWP, he will score 20 plus this season if he stays fit, but he has dodgy knees. If I was a manager in the Prem or Championship, I'd take Rhodes for his potential to improve further. Madine is at his limit in League One. So Rhodes for me.
  • Options
    BWP - maybe Rhodes is the better player/goal scorer, but BWP fits neatly into our team and style of play. Don't change something that doesn't need mending.
  • Options
    Brad every time. Our  modern version of killer
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not biased and Rhodes is a good player but don't see how anybody could think he was better than BWP. Amazes me in truth!!!!
  • Options
    BWP. Rhodes will do his usual and go off the ball around xmas. BWP is now a regular markswan. I also think he is genuinely feared in this league.
  • Options
    Not seen enough of Madine or Rhodes so has to be BWP. No doubt Sheff Wed fans would say Madine and Huddersfield fans would say Rhodes.
  • Options
    When you see bwp week in week out season after season put the ball in the back of the net. What makes you choose a player you never watch

Easy choice. BWP

Always watch rhodes, i admire him as a player, he is what a call a complete forward. Confident in the air, scores goals, can you both feet, great first touch and most importantly a great work rate.

I Think all 3 are far too good for this league...

And you watch him when exactly? Seriously. How many times have you seen him play?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I love the way BWP plays on the edge -never a safe touch - always trying something- he is so like his dad who was a great player.It doesn't always come off but the workrate is there and he is capable of being unstopable and often is.
  • Options
    BWP must have assisted more than his fair share this season too
  • Options
    all this talk of other players confuses me...BWP is an integral part of the team as well as a brilliant player individually. Why would we want to throw away that for the latest lower league wonderboy after the horrible chaos of the last four years?
  • Options

Looking at the stats on the Npower Football League website, it is clear to see that BWP is by far the best out of the three.

In 14 games BWP has scored 10 and got 6 assists.
    In 15 games Rhodes has scored 11 and got 2 assists.
    In 15 games Madine has scored 11 and got 1 assist.

Not only does BWP score goals, it shows he is by far a much better team player than the other 2 strikers. This alone, as well as many other factors proves that BWP is the better choice and better player.

He's better than Shaun....

• Options
    BWP all day long, I dont see how CHARLTON fans can pick other strikers over him.

He's a poacher as you see from the Wycombe game and his finishing is top quality.

A striker that creates goals aswell. 
  • Options

Loyalty dictates the only possible answer....BWP.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Amazed that anyone would even dream of raising this.  BWP was class last season in a poor team (both Plymouth and ourselves) and is already showing the class he has this season. Form (Madine and Rhodes) is temporary, class is permanent.
  • Options
    BWP but shouldn't the question be BWP and Madine or Rhodes ?
  • Options
    Disrespectful to BWP we don't need either of the others we have the best striker in the division
  • Options
    its BWP because hes just scored ;) and the stats show that not only does he score he creates them aswell
  • Options
    BWP. best striker in the third division. and he's better than rhodes, madine and shaun...
  • Options
    What were you guys saying? ;)
  • Options
    Now remind me, what were those other fellas called again ;-)
  • Options
    Changing my mine BWP it is!
  • Options
    Kermogant is better than Madine anyway!If we had Kermit from the start he wouldnt be to far behind!
  • Options
    He's better than Ian
    He's better than Ian
    Bradley Wright Philips
    He's better than Ian