Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Yesterday: A MASSIVE 5 minutes for us

edited February 2007 in General Charlton
The Wigan "penalty" incident gets given 8 times out of 10 - but hardly ever against the "big boys" at home. In my view the ref/lino bottled it, particularly as Flamini would have to have walked if it was given.

A couple of minutes later Wigan are trying to get an "injured" player back on the pitch but the ref ignores their pleas and the game carries on, only for Wigan to get caught out by an overlapping full back (would the extra man have made a difference? - possibly) who gets played in when he's clearly offside - 5 yards away from the lino - and crosses the ball only for someone to slice it into their own net. And to rub salt into the wounds the fella who bombs forweard to put in the cross is the same fella who arguably should have walked a minute or so earlier!

Now, although I feel really sorry for Wigan I also know that this little run of events was a massive boost for us. If the gap had gone up to 8 points then I really think it would've been curtains. As it is I still think we've got to be looking to catch the teams above Wigan as I reckon they will get out of it (particularly if they keep playing like that) but it's the pschological damage - to players and fans - that may otherwise have done for us.

West Ham is now such a massive massive game - for both of us. Not quite the be all and end all that some might have you believe, but lose it and the mountain doesn't get any smaller. Win it and we're right back in the hunt again.

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Apologies to all reading this - but my actual post is well spaced out with different paragraphs, etc. For some reason it's all been condensed into one lump of text and it wont let me edit it. Lookout - sort it out son!
  • Options
    it's all prolonging the inevitable *doom and gloom* sorry:-(
  • Options
    Isn't this fairly similar to what RVP did to us?

Should have walked and then scored both goals. IF we stay up we maybe able to look back at this and think its when Lady Luck paid us back?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]it's all prolonging the inevitable *doom and gloom* sorry:-(

Oohaah, you might think you're being 'realistic'........but all you're doing is undermining the momentum of growing belief that Pards, the team and most of the supporters are building.

When you believe, you feel you can climb mountains.
    Get on our side, please mate, and work with us.

Or should you get your wish and we do go down, are you really that desperate to be proved right?
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Well said Oggy. There is no place for negative thoughts on here.
  • Options
    B-E-L-I-E-V-E !!!

:-)
  • Options
    i wanna be proved wrong (like i have been thru the last 6 years of premiership survival) but i never believed we'd stay up and we did, so i'm sticking with that view again ...pessimistic view from me unfortunately , sorry . If i thought by being positive on here it'd help us survive i would be. I'm postive in the ground( never boo and always roar em on).. SORRY for all the negativity but it's my own way of dealing with it, reverse psychology and all that jazz
  • Options
    Hairy muff fella.
  • Options
    The thing is though there comes a game that pretty much confirms if you are gonna make it or not. That game is in 12 days time, lose that & we are gone.
  • Options
    I thought that game was Boro, but it wasn't.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]I thought that game was Boro, but it wasn't.
    which one the away or home?
  • Options
    Home. Virtually everyone (with a few honorable exceptions) was very down after the Boro home game. There's a danger that we keep building these games up as the crunch game of the season, and then we all get the jitters if things aren't going our way after half an hour. Stay positive til it's mathematically impossible for us to stay up, keep getting behind the boys, and enjoy it while we can.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite] and enjoy it while we can.
    WHAT ARE YOU NUTS!!!