Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lunchtime drinks

2»

Comments

• Options

We always have a drink in the office on a Friday at 16.00, we have fridge just for beer, wine, Smirnoff Ice etc.

Goes down well with all the staff and its a nice wind down to the week before we go into the weekend.

I am sitting here with a cold Stella as I type this :-)

It's a glass of rose isn't it esm? A Stella ? Have you forgotten your revelation on the would ya earlier today? 
    If you are inferring I am gay Bexley you could not be further from the truth :-)
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    It was a joke esw - i accept you are right up the far end of the heterosexual scale and will leave it there.
  • Options
    Yeah, a couple of times a week, mainly Sam Smith pubs, nice and cheap.
  • Options
    I also accept that CAFC Bourne had nothing to do with that but i do agree with what he was saying above and was about to say so - all or nothing.
  • Options

In the days before all day opening there was something about a lock-in that made the drinking evan more enjoyable.

• Options
    Used to do it 5 times a week. But since starting a career it's only happened once in 4 years.
  • Options
    Do they have a pub at Hogwarts then Potter?
  • Options

Good god no. This might be one of those threads I need to save for next time the public sector's getting a slating from you City boys ;-)

• Options
    Have had a few boozy lunchtime jobs - every day 3-pint minimum at one place. Sadly, it seems to be politically incorrect these days.
  • Options
    Don't even have a lunch. When I worked up town 17 years ago used to get on it big time. Used to work for nat west. When I was on foreign payments section I worked with 2 other chaps.on a friday one poor sod had to go to lunch from 12-1. When that person got back the other 2 went on it big time, not before presenting the unfortunate one with a box of tissues to wipe away the tears. Frightening really with the amount of money we were paying away. Great great days when I used to go to work to have fun with my mates. We played very very hard but were feckin good at our jobs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I used to do it a lot when I was an accountant, then when I worked for somebody else, I still did it often enough. Now it doesn't happen often since I became the boss and pay the wages, however I do try at least once a month to take the staff out for a beer of a lunchtime or after work......
  • Options
    You started at Natwest when you was 30 Steve?
  • Options
    Used to go to the pub 2-3 lunchtimes a week and always on Friday.  Rarely happens now.  This is one change that I don't believe the world is a better place for; everyone has to be too perfect these days.
  • Options
    In Perth it used to be crazy at lunchtime in the Pubs......obviously especially on Fridays. Then the big Mining Companies brought their Mining SIte rules to Perth.........zero tolerance and random drug/alcohol testing...........
  • Options
    You started at Natwest when you was 30 Steve?
    You r one cheeky fecker plaayer
  • Options
    Occasionally I used to do it and go back to the office. Now will only booze at lunchtime if it's a client/work related do and I can spend the afternoon out of the office.
  • Options
    Don't do it these days, i'd never get any work done.

Years ago it used to be a regular thing to get on the sauce with my then boss.  We'd hit the local drinking den at 12 and drink G &T's (yeah, I know).  He'd be on doubles and I'd be on singles and we'd get through a bottle of gin between us.  Still went back to work a couple of hours later.

The boss eventually developed an ulcer and his doctor told him to change his drinking habits.  He did, he stopped having lemon in his G&Ts!