Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lee Clark....what would you do?

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2011

I think the top 2 in League One are going to remain as they are now but If Clark was offered th ejob, I think tehre is a good chance he would take it as Leicester have money behind him and he strikes me as somebody who has confidence in his ability and his chances of premiership football are greater with Leicester than Huddersfield in the short to medium term at least. What is another consideration for him is that if <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Huddersfield went belly up this season, there is a decent chance he would lose his job – his record doesn’t look so good with continued backing from the chairman – he doesn’t get the Terriers promoted in 3 seasons. I think he will stay because Leicester wont come in for him though. With the money they have, they will probably go for a more proven manager although couldn’t tell you who that might be. Maybe if nobody is available- Clark will be onn that list, reasonably close to the top.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

• Options
    Tricky one. If Huddersfield don't get promoted this year Clark is probably history .. if he goes to Leicester and they don't have success he could be a gonner there as well. Remember Holloway went to Leicester as flavour of the month a couple of years back and oversaw a relegation. Leicester is a bit of a graveyard for bright young (and old, á la Sven) things. If anything, I fancy Clark could be at Sunderland before too much longer. He's an ex player there (remember the play off final) and is a mucker of Niall Quinn. If I was him, I'd stay put.
  • Options
    is that the same lee Clark, that whilst a Sunderland player, was seen watching Newcastle wearing a t-shirt with "sad mackem bastards" on it
  • Options
    Looks like he is going. Doing the rounds on twitter from a couple of BBC journalists
  • Options

JamesNursey
    James Nursey

by RichCawleySLP

Lee Clark definitely got #LCFC job. #Huddersfield players turned up for training today to be told he's off to #Leicester

18 minutes ago

when it's on the OS  : - )

• Options
    Now it is the time for the Terrier's board to shine and pick the right man to pick up the ball and move the club even further forward.  I hope they get it completely wrong though
  • Options

htafcdotcom
    Huddersfield Town

@jdl003 @seanmjarvis smj talked about it on radio leeds tonite. Nothing new to report - no approach from Leicester - if there was we'd say

They posted this about 12 hours ago, so things could have changed but who knows

• Options
    http://downatthemac.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=62035

Personally think it's the wrong choice for Leicester, he has spent alot of money in this league and not yet got promotion.

For Huddersfield and us it's a good thing, what effect will it have their manager leaving during a 40 game unbeaten record, how will they react when they finally do lose? I remember Arsenal struggling after they lost to Man Utd at 49 games. Plus who would they get as their new manager? Alot of questions which will need answering. Sheff Wed fans will be happy though.
  • Options
    What do they see in Lee Clarke? He's achieved nothing so far in his fledging career and has been received a lot of support and backing from his board. I'm surprised that their owners are not after a big name, or perhaps they've learnt from their mistakes?!
  • Options
    Jordan Rhodes is far more important to them imo. He'll be there till January atleast.

The only thing I'd be worried about if I was a Huddersfield fan would be Clarke coming back in Jan and cherry picking some of their better players, although I suspect Rhodes aside, they are looking at better than league one standard signings.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Talksport

Clark has ruled himself out of the Leicester Job and committed himself to Huddersfield
  • Options
    Also

a Huddersfield director is denying it on twitter

Sean Jarvis
    "bombarded with tweets - once again - no approach from lcfc and no mention from LC interest in the job #nothingschanged"

• Options
    What do they see in Lee Clarke? He's achieved nothing so far in his fledging career and has been received a lot of support and backing from his board. I'm surprised that their owners are not after a big name, or perhaps they've learnt from their mistakes?!

Huddersfield don't win all that many games, but they are hard to beat and are defensively well organised. That's a considerable skill and suggests he works hard with his players. If he's turned the job down then it's a wise move, with respect to Leicester there are bigger fish out there.
  • Options
    It's best for all parties if Clarke stays.
  • Options
    That's what Howe did didn't he?
  • Options
    Also

a Huddersfield director is denying it on twitter

Sean Jarvis
    "bombarded with tweets - once again - no approach from lcfc and no mention from LC interest in the job #nothingschanged"

"A pay rise you say Lee."
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    To be honest- the main reason Huddersfield are up there with us is the investment that has gone into the club - it can be argued Clark hasn't done anything special - apart from not get promoted the last couple of seasons- so we should really be hoping he stays. But anyway, we should probably just focus on ourselves, I'm pretty sure Chrissy is measuring us against the 2 points a game target he often quotes - beat that and we will go up - who cares who else does!
  • Options
    they got 88 points last year - in any normal year that is enough to go up, but not last year. They were unlucky. However as it looks atm 3 teams could getv that again  
  • Options
    88 is not 2 points a game though! No way 3 teams will get more than that this year.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We got 88 points in 97/98 and came 4th.
  • Options

I know 88 points isnt 2 points a game - der. I didnt say it was. I said it was a good total and would be enough in most years.

And yes our in 97/98 was also exceptional

But CP is rightly targeting 92 as that will almost certainly guarantee it

• Options
    Glad if he stays there. If they had to replace him they might have brought in someone who could convert all their draws into wins. Really hope we can end their unbeaten run in our back yard.