Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FireWorks

Comments

• Options
    Anyone remember the organised displays at the Valley? Think they were done by the Woolwich Round Table?
    There was definitely a real decent display at The Valley pre match in a midweek fixture before the South Stand was completed to its current state , can't remember who against but I'm sure it was discussed on a previous thread elsewhere
    I think there were jovial boooos when the display finished and it was time for the football to start .
    Anyone know when the Jimmy South opened???
  • Options
    Used to love fireworks, since moving to China I f****** hate them.

If anyone in my complex (a bout 6,000 people) have some form of celebration, fireworks are set off throughout the day (with that many people this means it happens most days).

Add that to the fireworks that are set off every morning at 6am to scare away the ghosts and they soon become annoying.

The other day I left for work and someone was setting fireworks off right outside the entrance to our apartment, meaning I had to just stand and wait for them to finish before I could leave, it's utter madness.

Have also seen Children setting rockets off from their hands, health and safety, don't make me laugh.

The worst part about it all is that they are not proper fireworks, they are just loud ass bangers, with nothing nice to look at.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    I used to love em too but when I was young firwork day was November 5th - nowadays it starts in October and goes on to January!
  • Options
    Wait till Chinese new year then Stu.
  • Options
     they are just loud ass bangers, with nothing nice to look at.
    I know a few women like that!
  • Options
    Not sure if I should start a separate thread on this but...

Looking to find out where the best displays in London are to go and watch.  Have been to Walthamstow for the last few which was alright but moved down to Finsbury Park now.  Ali Pali has cancelled theirs due to lack of funding and there doesnt seem to be much else nearby.  Was thinking bout heading to primrose hill but dont think theres anything there either.

Any recommendations?
  • Options
    Blackheath of course. Go to football, go to the pub, stagger up the road.

• Options
    Wait till Chinese new year then Stu.
    I've already been warned about CNY!

It probably wouldnt piss me off as much as it does if the locals didn't think 6am was a good time to scare the ghosts away.
  • Options

Hopefully there will be less fireworks spread over a longer period as 5th Nov is a saturday the main night for displays and parties.

I can't wait to stroll down to Blackheath on Saturday and stand outside with my shop bought booze and plastic wine glasses 'ooooh' ing and 'aaaah' ing at the fireworks and picking my favourites. Hopefully the rain will dry out and the leaves will be all crisp as the thousands of people trudge up to blackheath kicking the leaves about in their wooly hat, scarves and gloves all the kids with excited faces.  

You can shove halloween - this is where the excitement is! fireworks night!

• Options

Is the club planning something after Saturday's game- they have done sometimes in the past?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Heavy rain forecast for Saturday !
  • Options
    oh really?  That will put a downer on the affair, will just have to stay at my cosy table in Giraffe till last possible moment!
  • Options
    I have breakfast at Giraffe every Friday. The Mexican breakfast is gorgeous
  • Options
    It does sound nice.  We only going there as we have some youngsters to entertain.
  • Options

the breakfast is awesome.

B> we'll be walking past about 7.45pm so will look out for you

• Options
    Blackheath of course. Go to football, go to the pub, stagger up the road.

But this Saturday is Nov 5th Curb_it: Not your normal Saturday.......
  • Options
    has the fuse still not gone out on this one.. must admit I lit the blue touch paper and walked away
  • Options
    Okay suzi.  Keep in radio contact.
  • Options
    I was in India for Diwali. Cool on the first night. 6 nights later on very loud bangers still going at gone midnight it got a little tiresome. Got to love the indians lack of health and safety though. Our street's show appeared to be run by a group of 8-10 year olds with their parents happily watching on.
  • Options

Battersea Park always used to be a fantastic display.

Blackheath too crowded and a pain to get a drink.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    The cheapest way to watch fireworks is to wait until the 12th then go to the bromley high school display. Don't pay the 15 quid to get in but go round the side into jubilee park. You get to hear the music and are closer to the Fire and fireworks than those inside the fence. the display itself is pretty spectacular
  • Options
    The cheapest way to watch fireworks is to wait until the 12th then go to the bromley high school display. Don't pay the 15 quid to get in but go round the side into jubilee park. You get to hear the music and are closer to the Fire and fireworks than those inside the fence. the display itself is pretty spectacular
    Heard that their display is very good but normally make the short walk to Bickley Cricket Club and watch their display.  Always see a few dozen people we know and the beer is good.  Always a couple of barrels of real ale
  • Options

I think Blackheath is fine if you go to the less crowded bits and avoid walking back towards the station when the fireworks finish.

Hare and Billet you can always get served, although it is worth taking a couple of cans/bottles for the journey and during the fireworks. Just dont go back into the Blackheath pubs after the fireworks and walk for 15 mins down to Greenwich - much easier.

• Options
    Visited some friends in the village of Cantoria in Southern Spain recently. The houses are all covered in burn marks from the local firework fiesta. Those of you who love their health and safety check out You Tube for Cantoria Carretillas.
  • Options
    I carry these on me when i'm out in the wilds around here, luckily havent had to use any yet - suprised these havent caught on with the yoof back Home

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efi-vzTWzgY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

• Options
    Take it they are designed for use with very patient bears?
  • Options
    By the time he's got that bear banger out of his pouch, removed the safety cap and primed it, the bear would have chewed him a new asshole. :-/
  • Options
    has the fuse still not gone out on this one.. must admit I lit the blue touch paper and walked away
    And yet you've returned to it Razil. Fatal error. ;-)
  • Options
    What time does blackheath start? Trying to take a few lifers up there after the match. Susi is bang on back down to greenwich is the best plan if making a nite of it.
  • Options
    Yeovil conditions predicted for Saturday evening in the Blackheath area