Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Saw this on ssn. Not only did he break the players cheekbone with a cowards punch from behind, he then spat at him.
  • Options

yeah you cant see him spitting.

Should have left him out there. Swimming with sharks and that...

• Options
    The two players who jumped on the fan and then clumped him were then red carded!!
  • Options
    The two players who jumped on the fan and then clumped him were then red carded!!

That's the law of the game.

I like it when you see the oppo player in the black strip get involved. He does the smallest pathetic little kick at the thug when he's down. Hilarious.

• Options
    proper cheap shop from the fan but even more embarrasing is the attempted volley to the head from the player in red. supposed to be a pro footballer.
  • Options
    The two players who jumped on the fan and then clumped him were then red carded!
    Good job he didn't Buchtherest
  • Options
    Listen the guy deserved to be knocked to the ground, punched and then kicked. The minute that anyone runs onto the playing area and attacks a player he gets what he deserves (within reason). The red card for 'violent conduct' - is that really meant for when a player strikes a violent thug who is attacking another player? - I think not. The law ' is guilty of violent conduct' should not apply in this case.
  • Options

Calm down fella!

Whether it's right or wrong, the laws of football say that any violent conduct on the pitch by a player is a red card, regardless of who it is against -  opposistion player, team mate, official, coaching staff, steward or any intruder onto the pitch.

• Options
    That's not an assault (according to Edinburgh court)
  • Options
    That's not an assault (according to Edinburgh court)
    no, it's a scottish greeting
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Calm down fella!

Whether it's right or wrong, the laws of football say that any violent conduct on the pitch by a player is a red card, regardless of who it is against -  opposistion player, team mate, official, coaching staff, steward or any intruder onto the pitch.

Correct Chirpy. When the referee at Havant & Waterlooville sent the player off for tackling an intruder last season there was uproar and ridicule but the ref (who I know) was actually correct in law and so was this one. I assume he sent off the 18 and the GK?  
  • Options
    Did Cloughie get RED carded?
  • Options
    edited November 2011

Calm down fella!

Correct Chirpy. When the referee at Havant & Waterlooville sent the player off for tackling an intruder last season there was uproar and ridicule but the ref (who I know) was actually correct in law and so was this one. I assume he sent off the 18 and the GK?  

You know Dave Spain? Is he still a complete knob? Ask him about when he was managing Greenhithe utd and decided to slam the boot shut on his GKs fingers 20 mins before KO.
  • Options

Calm down fella!

Correct in law, possibly, but a complete arsehole for sending him off, almost certainly.

What happens if the fellas got a knife? You supposed to just get stabbed for fear of the referee invoking the letter of the law and sending you off? Ridiculous!

• Options

Or what if he's driving a Chieftain tank????

You started it Off_it!

In the two cases above the ref was right. Why get silly?

• Options
    Silly?

Behave.

Hitting an opponent on a football pitch during the "heat of the moment" in a game and apprehending someone who has just committed a criminal assault ain't even in the same ball park mate.

You know it. I know it.

Thankfully the law of the land exceeds the law of some jumped up little Hitler dressed in black with no comprehension of what it's like to actually play the game he officiates.

God bless.