Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Preston have 3 injured strikers

Good news as Preston have 3 excellent strikers, but a defence like a collander.

Preston have been rocked by the injuries to strikers Neil Mellor (ankle) and Iain Hume (knee) and Brown hopes to bring in some fresh faces to lift the club from the loan market. Their other main striker Jamie Proctor is out for 6 weeks after a hernia operation.

No doubt I have now "put the mockers " on it.  (Whatever that means, but it sounds right  :-)

Comments

• Options
    Mellor and Hume may well be back for Saturday, which would be a blow for us
  • Options
    We've got 2 excellent strikers on form and a solid defence.  Theyve got more to worry about than us even if they have a fully fit squad.
  • Options

Prestons best strikers are injured... ergo: Charlton 0 - 1 Preston...

;)

• Options
    Mellor and Hume may well be back for Saturday, which would be a blow for us
    Preston supporting friend says they are unlikely to play
  • Options

spoke to a preston supporter over twitter, he sounds very negative about the team right now, reckons we could win 5-0 if we scored an early goal..

don't expect that though (but if we did beat them 5-0 it'd be fantastic), feet on the ground.

• Options
    We should expect a tough game I think.
  • Options
    The club were informed today by the league that due to their injury woes up front, we have to play Doherty & Francis at the back to even things up a bit.
  • Options
    Don't forget the League Cup game; they have some big players who can mix it if necessary. Despite their recent dip in form they will be no walk over; it will not be an easy game.
  • Options
    Mellor & Hume are back for them apparently!
  • Options
    Would just mean they sit even deeper than they usually would.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

spoke to a preston supporter over twitter, he sounds very negative about the team right now, reckons we could win 5-0 if we scored an early goal..

don't expect that though (but if we did beat them 5-0 it'd be fantastic), feet on the ground.

Could be trying to lull us into a false sense of security? still hope we make up for the cup game defeat (yeah  know i was a much weaker team) but want to extend our new winning unbeaten run.
  • Options

maybe, he was pretty consistent in his doubt.

I think it'll suit us better if they're fit tbh... I know that sounds crazy but we sting teams on the counter attack and they're much more likely to come at us more with them 2 up top.

• Options
    They're out, they're in.

It's okey cokey time on Charlton Life!
  • Options
    To be honest, it will be tough whoever plays and if Mellor and Hume play so what - we need to approach the game right and will then probably win.
  • Options
    let them worry about us
  • Options
    Their keeper has broken his foot too!
  • Options
    All three strikers are out as is their keeper. Just listened to the Phil Brown interview on their Player site.
  • Options
    Told you  :-)
  • Options
    Reckon its all bull
  • Options
    he did not rule them out just would not confirm they would play
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2011
    he did not rule them out just would not confirm they would play
    Yes he did. he said they would not be fit for Saturday.

These are his words.

"Jamie Proctor ,Neil Mellor and Iain Hume won't be back for the weekend, they are both making a good progress and their rehabilitation is going well.

"Iain Turner has fractured his foot, any injury to any player is a nightmare but injuries to players in key positions are turning out to be a problem."
  • Options
    He also said he did not wish to say as it puts undue pressure on players to return
  • Options
    He also said he did not wish to say as it puts undue pressure on players to return
    He said that when he was asked when they would be back. After Saturday we couldn't care less when they are back to be honest.
  • Options
    I hope you are right
  • Options
    Apparently, PNE have a policy of not giving target dates for return from injury to keep the oppo guessing and not pressure the player.  Sounds like common sense to me.

It looks like 3 of their most crucial players won't be in tomorrow's team, but if we start thinking it will be easy, we could trip up without doubt - they still have some good players and they won't give up without a fight.
  • Options
    @OllyDawes @helen_xxxx @ObsidianPNE Carlisle, Russel and Devine aren't traveling to Charlton as well apparently