Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anyone else in iphone hell due to new upgrade?

edited November 2011 in Not Sports Related
Have lost all contacts (although i can see them on icloud) and taking hours to sync  on iphone 3gs. Also today music was out of sync with the artwork. have seen lots of fixes but it cannot get in to fix as still syncing, Any solutions appreciated
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Nope
  • Options
    Have lost all contacts (although i can see them on icloud) and taking hours to sync  on iphone 3gs. Also today music was out of sync with the artwork. have seen lots of fixes but it cannot get in to fix as still syncing, Any solutions appreciated
    Thanks
    Buy an Android

(don't you hate it when people do that?) :o)
  • Options
    try restoring to factory settings and then putting your sim back in.
  • Options
    contacts now ok, only remaining problem is itunes art work not the same as the track playing

And yes Leroy - i do, love iphones much better than androids (inferior iphones)
  • Options
    Had the problem when I upgrade to io5 on my 3GS, losing all my contacts. I've now got a 4s and am having no problems.
  • Options
    Thanks
    I've sent you my number again
  • Options
    Had the problem when I upgrade to io5 on my 3GS, losing all my contacts. I've now got a 4s and am having no problems.
    A cynic might suggest that this was a ploy to get people to buy the 4s.
  • Options
    as Rothko omce said to me "getting an andriod phone is instead of an iphone is like when you were a kid and you asked your mum for nikes and she came home with hi-tec"
  • Options
    Fix for some issues (Battery life) being released soon.

Leroy, Android is a good idea, problem is that Google can't control it and it mutates according to different manufacturers whims.
  • Options

i couldn't restore a new phone from a backup due to this and possibly an itunes upgrade - the latter is always a problem if my libraries arent in default location.

the new os runs really well tho since I've recovered my 'situation' that is and seems faster, altho this is on a very late release of the iphone 416g just before the s.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    A cynic might suggest that this was a ploy to get people to buy the 4s.
    As a 'cynic' I would have to confirm that opinion.........
    Apple do not sell  the  service so remove themselves from the debate. O2 used to be the  partner for the original 'i phone' and I still have the original 3g model , although it had to be exchanged within the first year.
    ( as quite a high percentage had to be with the bbc contract/partner ). 
    The 4g was/is somewhat more reliable, but as people now have 2 year contracts plus I am unsure the 4s, despite the new 5  chip will be the model for anymore than 6 monthsish, come next summer I think the 5 will be rolled out, although the UK will not be the first to get it as is the  marketing of apple products.  The 'i phone 5' with the death of Jobs will have to have the bugs ironed out, as a testement to the founder, which is why we have the half way house  at present?, a sort of dry run.......
    A question a buyer should ask is what will the 4g be worth in 12 months if the 5 comes out. At present my 3g is worth £60, or less last time I looked .

• Options
    as Rothko omce said to me "getting an andriod phone is instead of an iphone is like when you were a kid and you asked your mum for nikes and she came home with hi-tec"
    I'm glad i wasn't the only one!
  • Options

I honestly have no idea which one is supposed to be "good" and which one "bad". And I am very,very happy about it.
  • Options
    Nike, silly!
  • Options
    The 4s was just an upgrade to keep it in touch with the galaxy 2s. Come next month when the Galaxy Nexus comes out with the Android 4 system, apple will once again be playing catch up.

sent from my Samsung Galaxy 2 s
  • Options

Apple will always be playing catch up because only their phones make use of the OS. Companies using Android can concentrate on making better handsets while not worrying so much about the software on it. The only things that makes the iPhone what it is, is the fact Apple are brilliant at marketing and the OS is superior to Android. The handsets? Not even close. My 4 year old Nokia N95 can do most of what the iPhone does and in some instances more!

Hence why give it a year or two and Nokia will dominate the handset market again as their phones were always far better than anything else, just their OS was poo.