Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Adrian Chiles' suit

As the forum (see Cardigan advice) seems to be going all GQ Magazine on us at the moment, I thought I'd bring up the topic of Chiles' suit on the Champions League Villereal vs Man City coverage last night.

The suit was truly shocking.  It looked like it might have been 100% polyester and bought from a sale at Romford's Mr Buyrite back in the 1970s and Chiles then slept in it or travelled out to Spain in it on Ryanair while wearing a backpack.  His shirt didn't seem to fit in the top of his trousers and his tie was something I wouldn't have cleaned the car with.  Messrs Vieira, Southgate and Keene all looked tres chic (expect for Roy's brown shoes) while Chiles looked like he'd been sleeping rough.  (No, that's not a reference to Christine Bleakley.)  What was ITV thinking about allowing him in front of the cameras looking like that?  (Why was he allowed in front of the cameras at all with his umming and erring is an entirely different topic.)

Comments

• Options
    Wrong forum mate. Try the pink lions
  • Options

As the forum (see Cardigan advice) seems to be going all GQ Magazine on us at the moment, I thought I'd bring up the topic of Chiles' suit on the Champions League Villereal vs Man City coverage last night.

The suit was truly shocking.  It looked like it might have been 100% polyester and bought from a sale at Romford's Mr Buyrite back in the 1970s and Chiles then slept in it or travelled out to Spain in it on Ryanair while wearing a backpack.  His shirt didn't seem to fit in the top of his trousers and his tie was something I wouldn't have cleaned the car with.  Messrs Vieira, Southgate and Keene all looked tres chic (expect for Roy's brown shoes) while Chiles looked like he'd been sleeping rough.  (No, that's not a reference to Christine Bleakley.)  What was ITV thinking about allowing him in front of the cameras looking like that?  (Why was he allowed in front of the cameras at all with his umming and erring is an entirely different topic.)

Yes but he's a Brummie.

• Options
    He can buy the most expensive suit he like, there's no getting away from that boat!
  • Options
    Always struck me as a genuine footy fan even though he does have a face like an undertaker's suicide note.