Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Armistice Day

edited November 2011 in Not Sports Related

March for England have been banned from laying the wreath and showing their respects to our War Dead with the Gurkhas that day while the same group of Muslims as last year have been given permission to demonstrate and possibly burn more Poppys again.

Just thought I'll add, March For England are a Non Racist group who march alongside any other race for our country. And they have been doing this for years now before any other 'groups' decided to protest.

Comments

• Options
    Who has come up with this ridiculous ban?
  • Options
    The Tories propose that it WILL NOT be a crime to burn the poppy. Well it wasnt much pre that whenthe scum got fined £50. A guy who painted a poppy on a mosque was banged up for 100 days and fined £700 !!  Of course one ofthese is insulting a nation and the other was a crap painter.
  • Options

Amazing what a Disgrace

• Options
    Modern Britain dont you just love it
  • Options

March for England have been banned from laying the wreath and showing their respects to our War Dead with the Gurkhas that day while the same group of Muslims as last year have been given permission to demonstrate and possibly burn more Poppys again.

Just thought I'll add, March For England are a Non Racist group who march alongside any other race for our country. And they have been doing this for years now before any other 'groups' decided to protest.

Who has banned them and what are the reasons given?
  • Options

1 - March For England have not been 'banned' from doing anything. Ever. Anywhere. By anyone.
    2 - No 'group of muslims' has ever been 'given permission' to 'possibly burn more poppys'.
    3 - The stated principles of 'March For England' may not be racist - nationalistic, certainly, but not racist. Just like the blackshirts weren't 'racist', in fact.
    4 - As far as I'm aware (I'm sure some of the neo-fascists on here will jump and correct me if I'm wrong though), 'March For England' have been in existence for less than five years. I think you'll find Combat 18 and the National Front have been around a bit longer than that.
    The Tories propose that it WILL NOT be a crime to burn the poppy. Well it wasnt much pre that whenthe scum got fined £50. A guy who painted a poppy on a mosque was banged up for 100 days and fined £700 !!  Of course one ofthese is insulting a nation and the other was a crap painter.
    http://www.islamophobia-watch.com/islamophobia-watch/2011/10/3/edl-supporters-who-vandalised-hartlepool-mosque-are-sentence.html
  • Options
    edited November 2011

Lery Ambrose said

1 - March For England have not been 'banned' from doing anything. Ever. Anywhere. By anyone.
    2 - No 'group of muslims' has ever been 'given permission' to 'possibly burn more poppys'.
    3 - The stated principles of 'March For England' may not be racist - nationalistic, certainly, but not racist. Just like the blackshirts weren't 'racist', in fact.
    4 - As far as I'm aware (I'm sure some of the neo-fascists on here will jump and correct me if I'm wrong though), 'March For England' have been in existence for less than five years. I think you'll find Combat 18 and the National Front have been around a bit longer than that.

They've got nothing to do with Edl, Combat 18 or National Front. They are not a political party.

If they was racist, They wouldn't welcome Gurkhas to join their group on Rememberance Sunday neither would they have Black members in their group.

MFE were laying the wreath for our War Dead and also the Victims of 7/7 long before the 'Muslim Group' started burning the Poppys.

And I may have worded it wrong for you. MFE Have been told they're not allowed to lay the wreath this year whereas the Muslim groups have Not been banned from demonstrating again where they have publicly announced that they will burn Poppys again.

How anyone can go to the trouble to try and protect them is beyond me.

Oh and leave the slander and name calling out of it as we all know it's very easy to do behind a computer screen.

• Options

Who has banned them and what are the reasons given?
    Not sure on the exact reasons but the Police have banned them.
  • Options
    What a absolute disgrace
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Leroy plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz  so the guy didnt get fined just £50 quid for burning poppies then ? and the guy didnt get banged up for spray painting a poppy on a mosque ? it was all Islamophobia ? what utter and total frigging twaddle.

As for March for England at least 4 people who post on here went on a march of theirs and the Ghurkas led it. There was also a donation to their welfare fund of over £250 AFTER the march.  They have not links to the far right or the ultra far right or EDL.

How about usingthe term ENGLANDERPHOBIA   the Labour left suffer from this as do MANY on here.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

If the poppy belonged to him he's within his rights to burn it no? Same as you'd be within your rights to burn a picture of the Pope or a Celtic shirt no?

The other is clearly graffiti/damage to property or whatever the correct term is. How are the two offences comparable other than both sentences happen to contain the word poppy?

Wasn't freedom of speech one of the very things they fought for? For us and the people of Europe, the Far East, North Africa etc etc...? Or was it just so each group could decide who it applied to?

Red Wedge, Commie, PC, Health & Safety (Delete as applicable)

• Options

We WELCOME everyone to March For England, Regardless of Colour, Culture or Religion or Non Religion, United we can make this country a more better place, free from a Un-Democratic Government that ignores the people, Free from Hardline Extremists of all Religions or facist groups that bring Non Cohesion and so much more..

Do we know when they will be marching against the Church of England and the Royal Family?

• Options

We WELCOME everyone to March For England, Regardless of Colour, Culture or Religion or Non Religion, United we can make this country a more better place, free from a Un-Democratic Government that ignores the people, Free from Hardline Extremists of all Religions or facist groups that bring Non Cohesion and so much more..

Do we know when they will be marching against the Church of England and the Royal Family?

Is that copied from their website ? If so, ironically given their purpose, that's some of the worst English I've ever read.
  • Options

" ....a more better place"

Or the education system?

• Options

Muslim group banned:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15678275

(sorry to reignite it)

• Options

At last! Although I'm sure they will still turn up. Then again plenty of people there paying their respects won't take kindly to them.