Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who would you leave out for Hammers game?

edited February 2007 in General Charlton
We have just had 2 hard games but the team is playing with commitment and as much more of a unit.
So would you leave as it is, saying that the players deserve to keep their shirts, or would you put a fit D Bent, Reidy and Luke straight back in?
Think you can argue the case for Darren going straight back in, because his strike rate is so good, but what about Reidy and Luke, because the team seems fairly balanced and organised as it is?
Really like Reidy, as he is creative and a threat, and Luke is solid defensively, but I would be a bit reluctant to change what we have at the moment.
Be great to have them back as options, at the very least, but what do you think, change or no change?

Comments

• Options
    Luke for Ossei, Little Bent for Big Bent, Reidy on the bench.
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Jon its Tom here! Busy at work!!

I would personally stick Reid on the bench, rushing him back in the past hasn't helped and I reckon he could have a good impact in the last 30 minutes, rather than playing well for 30 minutes and looking helplessly fat for the next 20!

As for Young, club captain, I think I would put him straight back in. Sankofa has done well but is by far our weakest link at the back and Young will add alot more confidence throughout the team.

As you say if Dazza is fit then no question of starting him and seeing him banging three past the hammers!!!

My team 442 formation:

Carson

Young
    HH
    El Kak
    Hardman Ben

Romm
    Holland
    Song
    Ambrose

M Bent
    D Bent

Subs later in game:

ZZ for Holland/Song
    Reid for Ambrose
    Thomas for Romm late on.
  • Options
    i make you right mate, i would defo keep osei in, and i would throw reidy on as a sub if needs be, bentD straight back in to a four 4 2 line up with bentM. oh and luke warm on the bench!
  • Options
    iu dont think osei is a weak link, he has done really well in my opinion. young is shit factamundo!
  • Options
    Yeah he played well against Man Utd at the weekend but I can't remember him playing any good games that betters him than luke young as a player.
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Carson

Young
    HH
    Diawara
    Thatcher

Romm
    Zheng
    Song
    Holland
    Ambrose

D Bent

Zheng did more then enough at OT, and seems to have a touch of class on the ball, especially as he doesn't give it away cheaply, which is going to be key in this game.

Young walks back in, Osei looks a good Championship player at best, and Darren walks in, no questions asked.

Marcus on the bench for a 4-4-2 if we need to.
  • Options
    No Diawara?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: stanmoreaddick[/cite]No Diawara?[/quote]

Has to play for me, especially with the pace that Harewood and Zamora have
  • Options
    Diawara only looks comfortable with a five man midfield infront of him IMO.

Holland/Song only because going two upfront after playing 451 for last 3 weeks will give us more solid in the middle. Like I say though I would like to see ZZ come on after about 55 minutes.
  • Options
    Lukes theworst captain we had for years, why does he walk straight back into the side! and against westham, too much of a risk, he'd be ruined by benayeyooon (whatever the duck ya call im)

I would only put benty back in for sure
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Osei got ruined by Park at the weekend, think he lacks quality on the ball
  • Options
    I reckon Rothko's got it.

But, i think saying Sankofa is Championship at best is a tad harsh- thought he has done pretty well whatever has been asked of him and did well on Saturday
  • Options
    Last season I didn't think there was any way Osei could cut it in the Prem. He struck me as too slow and physically lightweight. However he has had a run of games and I am now quite impressed with him. You cannot fault his commitment and he looks to have filled out and gained a bit of pace.

That said Young is an international defender and would have to come straight back in if fit enough.
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Think Osei did well, but Luke offers more going forward.

Carson

Young
    HH
    Diawara / El Kak
    Thatcher

Thomas
    Song
    ZZ / Holland
    Reid / Ambrose

DB
    MB
  • Options
    Think we'll play 4-4-2 to start and close it out to 4-5-1 if/when we take a lead. Not sure why people have Ambrose in instead of Reid?! I'd start with Reid and then take him off after 50-60 minutes. Darren Bent has to start too but also may not last the game. So start him with Marcus and then bring on young super Kev OR put a 5 in midfield and bring on JFH towards the end.

As in other threads I don't know what our best back four is but think we should keep it similar to the past few games.
  • Options
    Don't think Reid will be anywhere near fit, if he was he'll walk in the side.

Ambrose did alright on Saturday
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: seriously_red[/cite]Think we'll play 4-4-2 to start and close it out to 4-5-1 if/when we take a lead. Not sure why people have Ambrose in instead of Reid?! I'd start with Reid and then take him off after 50-60 minutes. Darren Bent has to start too but also may not last the game. So start him with Marcus and then bring on young super Kev OR put a 5 in midfield and bring on JFH towards the end.

As in other threads I don't know what our best back four is but think we should keep it similar to the past few games.

Realistically is Reid going to be fit?
  • Options

Realistically is Reid going to be fit?

he's had a set back with he's injury hasn;t he?? out for atleast another month, classic charlton style
  • Options
    I heard all three will be fit but not sure any would last 90 minutes and not worth the risk given the other 5 games coming up - incidentally, I heard Ashton was having ll sorts of injections to get him ready
  • Options
    Young is a better/more experienced defender and can take a decent longish throw in. No good in the oppo half of the field though and is content with 10 yard square passes
    Sankofa is more adventurous going forward, can take on AND beat an opponent. Gets the ball in the box when he can.

How match fit is Young?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sankofa was torn apart by Bridge in the first-half. He might be a useful but he's not a Premiershsip player at the moment - that's crystal clear.

Young should definitely come back in, if fit.

Obviously D Bent has to play as without him we really don't look like scoring.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kinveachyaddick[/cite]Sankofa was torn apart by Bridge in the first-half. He might be a useful but he's not a Premiershsip player at the moment - that's crystal clear.

Young should definitely come back in, if fit.

Obviously D Bent has to play as without him we really don't look like scoring.

dood, to be fair Bridge is a quality player! He would of made poor Luke look like a baby!
  • Options
    It's a big compliment to how well Osei has done that we are even having this discussion.

Kinveachy, I don't think Dennis helped Osei out much against Bridge so he was left exposed quite a lot.
  • Options
    after countless threads on this forum criticising el kak, herman and diawarra, it's intresting to see none of you would keep bougherra in.
    i think apart from the mis-control on saturday he done ok.
    he did take a knock on saturday and i apologise if he is injured and i haven't read about it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]after countless threads on this forum criticising el kak, herman and diawarra, it's intresting to see none of you would keep bougherra in.
    i think apart from the mis-control on saturday he done ok.
    he did take a knock on saturday and i apologise if he is injured and i haven't read about it.

Out for a month apparently:-(
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    oh ffs.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CharltonDan[/cite]Think Osei did well, but Luke offers more going forward.

Carson

Young
    HH
    Diawara / El Kak
    Thatcher

Thomas
    Song
    ZZ / Holland
    Reid / Ambrose

DB
    MB

Dan, I like that team. we've definitely got a chance with 14 against 11.......;-)
  • Options
    You have got to bring Young and Bent back in, they're internationals and our two best players along with Carson, so they have got to play if fit.
    Reid is a tricky one, he needs matches to be really fit and I reckon we play him off the bench for the last 30 mins if we need him because starting him could be a bit risky.