Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ipswich Fans

The word is so overused these days, but after their reaction to Billy Sharp's goal, there's only one word for them:

Awesome.

Comments

• Options
    What did they do ?
  • Options
    Gave him a standing ovation even though he put them two nil down.
  • Options
    Agreed. Superb reaction. Never had a problem with the tractor boys - I've known a few of them over the years and they've all been knowledgable, humorous and a credit to their club. Similar to Sunderland fans in fact.
  • Options
    Total respect to the Ipswich fans . It puts into perspective how utterly irrelivent football is compared to what Billy Sharp has gone through.
  • Options
    Wow... that's amazing. Pure class.
  • Options
    Brilliant of them.  All credit to Sharp too, not only for what he did on the pitch but for doing a tv interview as well.  He came across are a real nice bloke and really appreciative. Well played.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Yes, well done - it's easy to forget, but there are some things more important than football and when you see a hero out there you have to applaud him, even if he does do you some damage.
  • Options
    Great reaction, undoubtedly we'd do the same
  • Options
    They should be proud of themselves-outstanding.
  • Options
    Amazing show of respect by ipswich Fans - well done
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    saw it last night and it was the best reaction possible - good on the tractor boys.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Pure class.

I sat next to an Ipswich fan during the championship winning season. He didn't rub it in when they beat us 3-1 on the last home game.
  • Options
    hi, i just thought i'd let you all know that gareth mcauley started his first ever premiership game yesterday and the bloke looked fantastic, kept dembele in his back pocket all game. can't believe the geezer is 31 and yesterday was his first game in the premiership, looked like he's been playing in the prem for many of year. very no nonsense defender, looks a bargain for nothing . And you know Jay Emmanuel-Thomas has always been one of my pet favourite Arsenal youth prospects.  Perhaps it’s because he, like me, is left-footed.  Perhaps it’s because I identify with his poor use of grammar and laziness.  Or perhaps it’s simply because I have always been drawn to mercurial talents.  I love a Grimandi, but I prefer an Arshavin – someone capable of real magic.

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas is one of those players.  Don’t believe me?  Look at this  Or this.  He’s got all the ability in the world – but unfortunately, at the highest level, that isn’t enough.  Arsene clearly feels he needs a move away to fulfill his potential, and so he’s joined Ipswich on a permanent deal.

Like Jay Emmanuel-Thomas, I’ve decided that a change is as good as a rest, and have decided to give Gunnerblog a lick of paint.  There’s still plenty going on on that front, so don’t be too hasty in your judgements.  Much as with Arsene’s squad rebuilding, a lot of work needs to be done between now and the start of the season.

• Options
    hi, i just thought i'd let you all know that gareth mcauley started his first ever premiership game yesterday and the bloke looked fantastic, kept dembele in his back pocket all game. can't believe the geezer is 31 and yesterday was his first game in the premiership, looked like he's been playing in the prem for many of year. very no nonsense defender, looks a bargain for nothing . And you know Jay Emmanuel-Thomas has always been one of my pet favourite Arsenal youth prospects.  Perhaps it’s because he, like me, is left-footed.  Perhaps it’s because I identify with his poor use of grammar and laziness.  Or perhaps it’s simply because I have always been drawn to mercurial talents.  I love a Grimandi, but I prefer an Arshavin – someone capable of real magic.

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas is one of those players.  Don’t believe me?  Look at this  Or this.  He’s got all the ability in the world – but unfortunately, at the highest level, that isn’t enough.  Arsene clearly feels he needs a move away to fulfill his potential, and so he’s joined Ipswich on a permanent deal.

Like Jay Emmanuel-Thomas, I’ve decided that a change is as good as a rest, and have decided to give Gunnerblog a lick of paint.  There’s still plenty going on on that front, so don’t be too hasty in your judgements.  Much as with Arsene’s squad rebuilding, a lot of work needs to be done between now and the start of the season.

You what mate??
  • Options

And this is relevant to what?
  • Options
    That's very similar to a spam bot's post. Very odd.
  • Options
    Hmm, yeah, whatever Rogers.

We're trying to have a Charlton/Ipswich love-in here, last thing we want is some Gooner spam-bot ruining it with a load of old bollocks.
    Go on, clear off and take your shiny metal arse with you, you berk. 
  • Options
    Well doneto all the Ipswich fans. its moments like that, that define a clubs fan base. I bet they have created a bond with Donny that will last a while.
  • Options
    thought ipswich fan were brilliant to clap billy hats off to them!
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Brought a lump to my throat when I saw the Ipswich fans' ovation for Sharp when he scored against them. An incredibly touching gesture.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Brought a lump to my throat when I saw the Ipswich fans' ovation for Sharp when he scored against them. An incredibly, touching gesture.
    hear hear.

I would like to think we would do the same in a similar situation.

Agree with the comments of how well Sharp came across in the interview.