Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anyone know what they are building

MCSMCS
edited November 2011 in Not Sports Related
opposite those olympic buildings on Woolwich Common, in the Army barracks, the more I drive past the more I don't have a clue what it could be!!

Also just drive up Charlton Church lane and opposite Valley cafe that building is all cordened off with police tape as a police incident, any ideas!!

Comments

• Options
    Stabbing last night
  • Options
    Really not football related is it??
  • Options

no

• Options
    Is this what you are talking about?  They are putting a roof on St Georges church.

http://dulwichonview.org.uk/2010/01/22/st-george’s-chapel-woolwich-–-a-beautiful-ruin/
  • Options
    Nah in the grounds of the barracks right next to the old tennis courts, they are erecting (snigger) a metal thing, about 200 meters long by about 100 foot high, a steel frame type thing, just can't get my nut round what on earth it's gonna be, random!
  • Options
    Shooting venue
  • Options
    I thought the shooting venue was the rotten looking white buildings on Woolwich common?? I'm in about the structure in the grounds of the barracks!??!
  • Options
    I think its skeet shooting.
  • Options
    Its all related to the shooting plus they also have the practice ring for the horse dressage by the traffic lights into the Hospital.
  • Options
    And they've also built new stables there to house all the horses
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I generally know what I'm building and my 3 year old tries to help but the baby always knocks it down again.
  • Options
    The stables are for the Coldstreams and King's Troop, Royal Horse Artillery who are moving to Woolwich Barracks
  • Options
    Shooting range I think
  • Options
    If we're talking about the "plastic" looking buildings on the Common, with the big "fan" looking things, please enlighten Me.
  • Options
    If we're talking about the "plastic" looking buildings on the Common, with the big "fan" looking things, please enlighten Me.

Shooting for 2012 olympics
  • Options
    Moggy I thought that was the Olympic shooting venue. So I think that the metal structure opposite in the army barracks are for shooting as well.
  • Options
    The high metal structures in the Barracks are nets to stop shot from the shooting flying through the air beyond the site. The white buildings are the indoor shooting ranges
  • Options
    We drove past last night and thought the same MCS.

Also thought the indoor shooting buildings looked some kind of Tellytubby / cheese building
  • Options
    I can't be bothered to look again, but if you search the official 2012 Olympic site it will tell you - all to do with the shooting events - and that includes the Barrack site too !!!
  • Options
    It is a new telly tubby film set. Will link a story to it tomorrow.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The area outside the betting shop was still taped off at 6.30 this morning
  • Options
    What a random sounding attack!! Somethung must of been said inside the bookies, strange that they are appealing for witnesses when there was probably a betting shop full of staff and punters!!! Strange!
  • Options
    That is grim. And the area would have been crowded with people heading to blackheath.

Could no one have stepped in to help him. Poor man. He doesn't sound in great shape.

Yes tape still there just now.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Terrible story. And just look at the 'most popular' list of stories also in the Shopper. What happy times we live in!!
  • Options
    Betting shops normally have alot of CCTV in them due to risk of being robbed so must have pictures of attackers and good chance of catching the incident
  • Options
    Betting shops normally have alot of CCTV in them due to risk of being robbed so must have pictures of attackers and good chance of catching the incident