Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

is this the worst Premiership ever ?

watching MOTD2 and hearing that before today Wigan had lost their 7 on the bounce &  Wolves lost 6 out of the last 8 got me thinking................is this the worst Premiership season ?  We only got relegated in 1998/99 because we lost 6 on the trot (which was then a record), but now that seems common place.

It used to be said that you needed  around 40 points to survive  (or a point a game & then win your last one)  - but looking at the current table about half the teams have only got a point a game and this season you could stay up on less than 30 points !

Comments

• Options
    Actually think it would be a lot harder for us to get out of the championship than to stay in in the premiership.
  • Options
    They said on Sky yesterday that Bolton had lost 13 of their last 15 league games...
  • Options

If a club like Spurs can be 5th with a game in hand and only behind 4th on GD then yes it must be crap!

• Options
    There do seem to be a lot of very bad runs going on lately. I reckon anyone in the bottom 12 is a candidate for relegation and 40 points will be more than enough to keep you up.
  • Options
    If it's rubbish it also seems to be more entertaining so why complain?
  • Options
    edited November 2011

watching MOTD2 and hearing that before today Wigan had lost their 7 on the bounce &  Wolves lost 6 out of the last 8 got me thinking................is this the worst Premiership season ?  We only got relegated in 1998/99 because we lost 6 on the trot (which was then a record), but now that seems common place

Unfortunately it was 8 games we lost on the trot, not 6.

In a 13 game stretch we took 4pts from 39. They fought back after that, but that was a killer run.