Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Under 18's

Watched the Under 18's at Soham last night. You have to keep it in perspective as they were playing a non league side who had over achieved to get this far, but having said that the Charlton boys looked superb and were a credit to our great club.

They looked to play a passing game with no aimless long balls, and played very much like the first team

Can't say the defence stood out as they didn't have much to do but they looked to play out from the back and the full backs looked to join in the attack. Stand out players on the night were Adebayo Azeez big powerfull good touch and very quick a real handful. Tobi Sho-Silva even quicker and just as powerful. Diego Poyet was just class in the middle of the park and my man of the Match was Callum Harriott who was just unbelievable to watch at close quarters, quick feet, power, awareness, shots, goals he had the lot and was the stand out player on the night on what was a very enjoyable evening despite the constant drizzle

509 in attendance (must have exceeded expectation as they run out of sugar!) and a fair splattering of Charlton fans. Generous applause from the home fans at the end for both teams. Soham worked their socks off and never let thier heads go down and Charlton showed their class but with total respect for the opposition

Comments

• Options
    Nice to read, because you were looking at our future. Add Paul Hart to the mix, and you start to understand just what a good, well thought out job the new owners are doing. They also know that in any Business it's the people that bring the success, whether it's on or off the pitch. After years in the doldrums, real supporters are enjoying well deserved success. Long may it last.
  • Options
    Very exciting even if it is lower level opposition.  Let's hope we see some of them make their way into the first team squad soon.   Only worry is that 500 of the 509 there were probably scouts!
  • Options
    What was the score? OS not mentioning it (unless I'm missing it somewhere).
  • Options
    Cheers bigboi. Didn't click the academy button. Doh. :-/
  • Options

That's ok Tango. Sounds like Harriot had a good game, 3 good goals. I have to say he looks like a very good talent!! 

• Options

Everyone was left talking about Callum Harriot he was exceptional. I know Ipswich sent their scout along but then the Soham boys might improve their squad!

It was 9-0 but could easliy have been more!

But it was their attitude that impressed me most