Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who needs friends like Sarkozy ?

edited November 2011 in Not Sports Related

After telling David Cameron that we don't understand Europe because we are an Island, by the way I would have liked Cameron to respond that we have learnt about Europe by having to rescue France twice in the last Century. Now he is calling the Israeli Prime Minister a liar, and saying he is fed up with him.

I wonder if he is pitching for a part in the new series of Dallas. They will need a new Poisoned Dwarf.

Comments

• Options
    Nobody understands Europe but at least, according to him, we have an excuse.
  • Options
    I'd like a friend like Mrs Sarkozy
  • Options
    I tend towards the Israeli side of things, but I'd say that's a pretty mild pejorative for Netanyahu.
  • Options
    In Europe, the first thing any Frenchman, German, Englishman, Italian or Greek asks himself is how does this affect us? The whole project is undermined by the self interest of its member states. It should have stuck to being a common market- with favourable trading conditions for members - why the French and Germans had to complicate things I don't know, but they are reaping what they have sown. Unfortunately, so are the rest of us - but no lectures from them are needed thank you very much.
  • Options
    Cheese-eating surrender monkey
  • Options
    ooh-la-l'arse.
  • Options
    In Europe, the first thing any Frenchman, German, Englishman, Italian or Greek asks himself is how does this affect us? The whole project is undermined by the self interest of its member states.
    Which is why a 'United States of Europe' would never work.
  • Options
    Cheese-eating surrender monkey
    I think Angela Merkel had the cheese.
  • Options

After telling David Cameron that we don't understand Europe because we are an Island, by the way I would have liked Cameron to respond that we have learnt about Europe by having to rescue France twice in the last Century. Now he is calling the Israeli Prime Minister a liar, and saying he is fed up with him.

I wonder if he is pitching for a part in the new series of Dallas. They will need a new Poisoned Dwarf.

He told Cameron that he shouldn't be involved in discussions over the Euro, as Britain a tad presumptuous as we are the seond largest economy in Europe, but we did choose to stay out of the single currency so I can see where he's coming from.

And Netanyahu is a liar.

• Options
    I'd like a friend like Mrs Sarkozy

Not sure if anyone would say no, if she was a would ya.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Most politicians are tossers
  • Options
    Most people are tossers
    Spot on, again.
  • Options
    Remember this is the man who tried to exclude everybody except the French and the Americans from d-day commemorations. Sicko.
  • Options
    Remember this is the man who tried to exclude everybody except the French and the Americans from d-day commemorations. Sicko.

Maybe, but he does - somehow - get to knob Carla Bruni. There is clealy no just God.
  • Options
    Seriously, Cameron is trying to come across as the wise one but it is easy to tell others to pump all their money in - you can see why he might get on Sarkozy's nerves. We were right to steer clear of monetry union though but unfortunately the fact that most other countries didn't means we are still up the proverbial creek without a paddle.
  • Options

Sakorsy's comment about the Israeli PM was a private aside - we all do that - just shows he's human. But they didn't check the microphones were off, which has happened a few times.

• Options
    And Obama's response to Sarkozy's comment about Netanyahu was: "You're fed up with him? I have to deal with him every day." Which suggests Sarkozy has a point.
  • Options
    Cameron, Sarkozy, Obama, Netanyahu.
    All knobs, all politicians and thus all liars
  • Options
    It's part of the job description.