Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Youth Cup 1st Rd

edited November 2011 in General Charlton

Went  to Soham Town Rangers, last night to watch the FA Youth cup game. Great non-league ground, with a excellent club house and facilities. Bumped into several other Charlton supporters.

The game, well, 1 goal up in three minutes, 2 up in nine, 3 up in fourteen. Half-time 4-0. Our keeper, Dillon Phillips, had thirteen touches of the ball, all from back passes. Second half, we scored in 80 seconds and finally ran out 9-0 winners, having hit the post and cross bar several times. Dare I say, a bit one sided and not the greatest game I've seen. The home fans had turned out in force - 509 attendance, average home '1st team' crowd 100+ - hoping to see a shock result, you could here a pin drop! Totally out played.

Farnborough Town or Yeovil in round two at home, date to be announced. It would be good to see us get a decent turn out for this game.

Comments

• Options

509 attendance, average home '1st team' crowd 100+

Very impressive.

• Options

You can get to meet a couple of the u 18's on Thursday evening at the NWKA Academy Q & A meeting, along with Paul Hart , Steve Avory & Rhys Williams.

Will hopefully know by tomorrow afternoon which lads are coming along. Your support & interest would be greatly appreciated.

I'll bump the other thread for more details.

• Options
    On the video it shows our keeper having to dive for one save at least.
  • Options
    Maybe that was from a wayward back pass.
  • Options
    wheres the vid?
  • Options
    Maybe that was from a wayward back pass.

Nah, it's from a free kick.
  • Options

From twitter

Incidentally, one interested observer last night at Soham was Michael Morrison whose other half lives not far from ground (GH) #cafc
  • Options
    Next round will be played at Welling
  • Options
    Next round will be played at Welling
    How did they manage that?  I thought rules were that games had to be played at own stadium.
  • Options
    Paul Hart and Steve Avory confirmed last night - No idea, that's what I thought.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So where's the report from the rest of the evening?
  • Options
    Charlton played both their 1st and 2nd round games at Park View Road last season before losing away to Norwich.