Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Halifax - free coaches still available

edited November 2011 in General Charlton

Rick says on the O/S that we have nearly filled 3 & as tomorrow is the last day for posting out tickets, you better contact them sharpish, if we are to put on any more.

You have to buy a match ticket for a free coach place.

Comments

• Options
    Don't all rush   :-)
  • Options
    Saving a place for you
  • Options
    It is quite embarrassing that we cant even fill up free coaches. Having said that , the abysmal performances we have put in in cup games over the years , it's hardly surprising.
  • Options
    Saving a place for you

I'm already there :-)
  • Options

Feeling guilty I'm missing this one but decision has been made to watch on ITV with the family & hopefully encourage Billy & Pippa to use their u 11 season tickets this season.

It will be a chance to point out the various players and the finer points of our game (?) so putting the time to good use.

I KNOW I'll wish I was there though once they kick off . DOH !  

• Options

Would be a shame if only 200 Charlton fans made the trip up , being on tv and an early kick-off it is understandable , any of you who went to Northwich and are expecting the same experience i can guarantee Northwich and Halifax are worlds apart , i have been to Northwich it is the most souless stadium i have ever visited it is in the middle of nowhere unlike the shay which is 5 mins walk from train station and 5 mins walk from town centre with loads of pubs and places to eat , i hate these purpose built grounds in the middle of nowhere which are sometimes not even in the town , as for the ground itself the older ones will remember it as the worst stadium in the football league , not anymore the atmosphere it generates with 4 big stands is incredible. To those who do travel up the stand you are in holds 2000 and runs alongside the pitch all-seater and generates noise like no other stand i have been in , Superb gesture by the club to put on free coaches so hope more of you take the offer up , you will be home by tea-time , what else is there to do on a sunday? London to Yorkshire for the price of a £13 match ticket is not bad. 

• Options
    That's it, shayman67 ! Make me feel worse than I already did !
  • Options

Sorry Mr Fanackapan , still time to pick up the phone and book on the coach , could even get the kids on the pitch and live  on national tv , wanting 24 mascots got 18 so far .

The club are planning to do something special with it being Rememberance Sunday not sure what it is yet.

• Options
    edited November 2011
    Mrs - I think Fanny gives it away.
  • Options

Thanks, Plaaayer .

Don't know too many guys called Fanny.....

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Sorry Mrs Fanackapan

• Options
    No probs, Shay .
  • Options

Cup fever has gripped Halifax expecting 4000 - 5000 , that is what the FA Cup is all about dream draw for us , nightmare draw for Charlton , here is a link to shaymen.net quite a few getting excited.

http://www.theshaymen.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=2

• Options

Cup fever has gripped Halifax expecting 4000 - 5000 , that is what the FA Cup is all about dream draw for us , nightmare draw for Charlton , here is a link to shaymen.net quite a few getting excited.

http://www.theshaymen.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=2

Just looked on your forum and I can understand why there is disappointment with our likely turnout.

However the match is televised on a Sunday morning. I believe I'm correct in saying, from earlier posts here, that there is no train from London to Halifax that arrives in time for kick off if people do want to go!

Many away travellers like a drink so driving is an option most won't take even before throwing petrol and diesel prices into the mix.

Financially, because of the TV money, your club is well in front and lack of away fans is the "price" I guess.

• Options
    If it had been a 3pm Saturday then i think it would have been an ok turn out  even at 3PM on a Sunday ---------but morning kick off on a Sunday !!!!!!!!!!!!!! no chance.
  • Options
    edited November 2011

Reckon we'll have about 500. 150 on coaches, some will drive from down South & some who live up North will go.

NB shayman our away support is poor compared to our average 16,000 home support.

The problem is you've got to be a complete nutter like me to get up at 5am on a cold dark November morning to do a 5 hour plus coach journey to see our reserve team lose to Halifax, as we possibly will, as we haven't bothered with a cup competition for more than 10 years.

I won't even have time for a beer, or will I  ?

Hmm, I'm not really selling it am I ?  

• Options
    Gutted im gonna miss this.... ive got an exhibition on at soho square the same day/time
  • Options
    I probably would have gone but will be travelling to Singapore for work
  • Options

Roll on the high speed rail link , Leeds to London 1 hour 20 mins , i think everybody in the country will realise how difficult it is to get to a game which kicks-off at 12.30 on a sunday and you live at the other end of the country, from your point of view it would be a shame for the club to pay for free coaches and that not being taken up. 

Only positive is it's a sunday so the roads will be quieter.

• Options
    I think as well we had a fair few more than 200 at Northwich. The TV didn't show much of the 150 or so on the side. I'd say it was nearer 3/400 there. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

We could have drawn Huddersfield , Bradford or either of the Sheffield clubs and the away end would have been packed , from a financial point of view it was one of them or Charlton to get a televised game , we got the tie we wanted and the tv money which is all that matters really, it is irrelevant how many fans are in the away end. 4000 plus whatever you bring tv money our chairman will be happy. The FA Cup for non-league clubs is to get to to the first round and get a televised game weve done that anything else is a bonus.

• Options

We could have drawn Huddersfield , Bradford or either of the Sheffield clubs and the away end would have been packed , from a financial point of view it was one of them or Charlton to get a televised game , we got the tie we wanted and the tv money which is all that matters really, it is irrelevant how many fans are in the away end. 4000 plus whatever you bring tv money our chairman will be happy. The FA Cup for non-league clubs is to get to to the first round and get a televised game weve done that anything else is a bonus.

Same for us as a League 1 club only it's third round, big club + TV, knocked out and concentrate on league.

One day I hope Halifax are back in the league and were back thinking we might actually win the FA Cup.
  • Options

Our priority is financial stability after a debt of £2million killed the old club , just having a football club to support is more important than which league we are in , we came so close to extinction would not wish that on any football fan that is why the cup run is so important, hopefully we will be a football league club again but this time chase the dream sensibly, ITV digital promised league clubs silly money for tv rights we spent the money employing Paul Bracewell who gave out big contracts to players the money never came the club never recovered how ironic it is on ITV on sunday.

Anyway thats history now, lets hope both clubs get back where they want to be . 

• Options
    It will be four coaches and I would guess about 400 people in total.
  • Options

and the 2nd round draw to look forward to don't forget
  • Options

Sorry Mr Fanackapan , still time to pick up the phone and book on the coach , could even get the kids on the pitch and live  on national tv , wanting 24 mascots got 18 so far .

The club are planning to do something special with it being Rememberance Sunday not sure what it is yet.

I'm bringing my 10 year old daughter as she's officially an addickt. She's already done bury, sheff utd and hartlepool this season, so i told her the shay is a must!  i reckon she'd love a bit of that, lol. What's the deal on mascots?
  • Options

Our priority is financial stability after a debt of £2million killed the old club , just having a football club to support is more important than which league we are in , we came so close to extinction would not wish that on any football fan that is why the cup run is so important, hopefully we will be a football league club again but this time chase the dream sensibly, ITV digital promised league clubs silly money for tv rights we spent the money employing Paul Bracewell who gave out big contracts to players the money never came the club never recovered how ironic it is on ITV on sunday.

Anyway thats history now, lets hope both clubs get back where they want to be . 

Shayman67............is that you Marshy??
  • Options
    No this is me.  BTW who are you Shayman67 - identify yourself!
  • Options
    Just one small point guys. We are Addicks not Addickts.
  • Options
    yep but thought a variation indicating i am addicted to the Shaymen whilst including my other teams nickname would be good?