Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Josh Wright to Notts C - Please do not open if you are not interested in ex- Charlton players :-)

edited November 2011 in General Charlton

Notts County are on the verge of signing midfielder Josh Wright, according to his agent.

The 22-year-old, who has played for Charlton and Scunthorpe, is a free agent but played for the Magpies in a behind-closed-doors friendly last week.Wright'simage father, Mark, who is also his agent, has indicated that County boss Martin Allenimage is keen to secure the midfielder's services."Martin knows Josh well," he told the Nottingham Post. "He saw him come through the ranks at Charlton and wanted to sign him in the summer when his contract with Scunthorpe ended, but he had a fractured metatarsal so he has been out for three months."Martin invited him to play a game and he's keen for Josh to go back to Notts for a couple of weeks to train with them and maybe play in a couple more games

Comments

• Options
    I wonder why his dad was so keen to let the media know about this?  Oh, he's also his agent.  That explains it.
  • Options
    Signed him on FM (accurate!), he's awful.
  • Options
    Ex player
  • Options
    Plankton's the lot of them.
  • Options

Apparently his brother is off to Oz to appear in I'm a Celebrity.

• Options
    I always thought he should have been given a chance with us. He was doing well in league 1 for Gills on loan when we were in the championship. We then get relegated to the level he proved himself capable of playing in and we released him, to see him go and play in the chapionship. Not bothered now, as i'm more than happy with what we got.
  • Options
    we didn't release him, under his contract he had to be offered the same terms not to become a free agent, following our relegation to this shite league we couldn't afford to do that, hence he left.
  • Options
    I signed him on Football Manager too, he was voted player of the season.
  • Options
    we didn't release him, under his contract he had to be offered the same terms not to become a free agent, following our relegation to this shite league we couldn't afford to do that, hence he left.
    That and we had Racon, Shelvey, Bailey, Semedo and Spring ahead of him at the time.
  • Options

I thought he was a good player and could have done well for us in another time and space.

I think the reason his Dad has released this is to try and stop the TOWIS rumours as I recon managers are coming in for him thnking that he's given up on football.

I think Notts would be a good move for him and is propbably about his level given the period he has been missing. I think its always hard when players ar injured right at the end of their contracts.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was impressed by him in the few games he played. I must say I thought that having developed a lad for all those years the cafc way he should have had a chance to play instead of bringing a journeyman like spring in. Thought he was treated poorly after helping us win at norwich in the cup.
  • Options
    Not sure he was treated poorly, but it did seem a folly to bring Spring in at the time.  It was a position that didn't need strengthening really (while others really did).  Nothing against Springer, he was just the wrong player at the wrong time.  All the best to Josh, would like to see him back on track.
  • Options

My understanding was that he and his agent (Dad) made unreaslistic demands for a player that was just establishing himself in the matchday squad. Having met his dad and i think uncle at the aforementioned Norwich cup game i can well believe this to be true. They thought he should be guaranteed a first team start based on that ONE performance

Blame the agent not the player who i think was badly advised and if they were honest probably regret

• Options
    what is to regret about spending 2 seasons playing for Scunthorpe then having no club.
  • Options
    Didn't he refuse to travel to an away game because he was told he would not start.
  • Options
    I signed him on Football Manager too, he was voted player of the season.
    Doesn't come as a surprise, I myself am awful at the game.
  • Options

Is that the Mark Wright who used to play for England - didn't realise he was Josh's dad.

• Options

Is that the Mark Wright who used to play for England - didn't realise he was Josh's dad.

I suspect that this is a wind up but in case it isn't the Mark Wright referred to is Josh's brother who also apparently spent a brief spell as an Addick Junior following his release from Spurs.

He has since become (in)famous being prominent in the BAFTA award winning Reaility show the ' Only Way is Essex' and is departing to be part of this years I'm a Celebrity.

• Options
    Didn't he refuse to travel to an away game because he was told he would not start.

I love how these rumours deveop and then never die.
  • Options
    Going millwall apparently
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Signed for Millwall over the weekend.

That's two Wright's working amongst animals.
  • Options
    Joined Crawley on 93 day loan from Millwall today, I really thought he would be better than this, unlikely seem him back in championship
  • Options
    Too much of a celebrity life style and billy big balls, a bad combination.
  • Options
    Did he play a game for Millwall?
  • Options
    Well, from what I hear about him, I think Crawley could be a good place for him to end up.
  • Options

Too much of a celebrity life style and billy big balls, a bad combination.

Not true. His family have lived that lifestyle and he has made a very strong effort to distance himself from it. Pretty much the only one in the family who has.
  • Options
    Maybe he's not very good then.
  • Options
    Millwall fans don't think much of him. Tier 3 I think.
  • Options
    He's a modern day Richie Bowman. Without the skill, engine and tenacity that is.

Well they look fairly similar anyway.

OK they do both have blonde hair.