Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Call of Duty MW3

edited November 2011 in Not Sports Related
This thread is for those actually interested in Call of Duty. Keep the slating to the other thread.

Gotta say I've been on campaign and I love this just like MW1&2.

Just had a big shock moment I'll leave it to you to find it though.

Comments

• Options
    Campaign is good.
  • Options
    haven't played campaign yet, online is good, bigger and better maps. Loving spec ops, survivial mode and the missions.
  • Options
    Onto the first London mission in campaign, but I've been playing online with kill confirmed this evening. Really enjoying it.

Although there's already some people at level 60+. Grrrrrr!
  • Options
    Just forced myself off it, im enjoying it so far, playing online mostly but done the first mission of campaign. 
  • Options
    18/80 online at the moment, yet to use the double xp. Think its poor, 90% of deaths are from behind. Bad maps
  • Options
    Onto the first London mission in campaign, but I've been playing online with kill confirmed this evening. Really enjoying it.

Although there's already some people at level 60+. Grrrrrr!
    double xp on pre ordered hardened.

I saw someone had prestiged already!

• Options
    Think the campaign is a rehash of the other games. Spec ops is poor (so far) and online is spent being quickscoped from behind. Why on earth they put that back in the game is beyond me. Awful decision.

Thought the "warning scene" was disgusting. Mw2 needed that airport level for the storyline but what on earth possessed em to do 'that' in mw3 is beyond me.

Con of a game. Nothing but a glorified map pack with a badly written campaign
  • Options
    Think the campaign is a rehash of the other games. Spec ops is poor (so far) and online is spent being quickscoped from behind. Why on earth they put that back in the game is beyond me. Awful decision. Thought the "warning scene" was disgusting. Mw2 needed that airport level for the storyline but what on earth possessed em to do 'that' in mw3 is beyond me. Con of a game. Nothing but a glorified map pack with a badly written campaign

Well, I think I understood about 15% of that.

Hope I die before I get old

• Options
    Think the campaign is a rehash of the other games. Spec ops is poor (so far) and online is spent being quickscoped from behind. Why on earth they put that back in the game is beyond me. Awful decision.

Thought the "warning scene" was disgusting. Mw2 needed that airport level for the storyline but what on earth possessed em to do 'that' in mw3 is beyond me.

Con of a game. Nothing but a glorified map pack with a badly written campaign
    Some people ( a lot ) happen to enjoy quick scosping, have to keep the customers happy eh!

I alway found playing hc s&d the best way to get away from the qs'ers.
  • Options
    What warning scene? With the kid? Thought it was okay myself.

Thought the underground part of the campaign was quality, loved it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2011

Henry Irving Well, I think I understood about 15% of that.

Hope I die before I get old

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJx_DkHkio0 1:52

• Options
    Finished single player yesterday, early missions are great, start to fade away after London. Did anyone else notice on the cut scene for it that Millwall was marked on the map? I'm guessing one of the devs is a fan.

Only played a bit of multiplayer but like the idea of ranking up weapons & the different kill streak packages.

As for the 'bad scene', it's not really that bad. It's an 18 game and you have the choice to not see it so can't complain really.
  • Options
    Thanks SE10, I can so relate to that. : - )
  • Options
    Did anyone else get motion sickness on the plane level? ha
  • Options
    I'm getting old.  Played it for 2 hours last night but towards the end of my session, my eyes were aching like hell.
    Doesnt seem that much different from MW2 in all honesty.  Will have a go online tonight.

Whats all this quick scope thing?  Can someone explain?  Is that the left trigger to zoom in on a target?  Christ, I'd be rubbish without that lol.
  • Options
    I'm getting old.  Played it for 2 hours last night but towards the end of my session, my eyes were aching like hell.
    Doesnt seem that much different from MW2 in all honesty.  Will have a go online tonight.

Whats all this quick scope thing?  Can someone explain?  Is that the left trigger to zoom in on a target?  Christ, I'd be rubbish without that lol.
    No, it's using a sniper rufle and 'half' scoping in, it basically abuses the slight built in auto-aim in much the same way a drag shot does.

It's pretty annoying, was less of an issue in Black Ops, not impossible to get around though.
  • Options
    How does the Campaign rate against MW2?  I thought the latter was tat, just built to prop up a multiplayer (unlike COD4 which had fantastic single player content and a great storyline).
  • Options

No, it's using a sniper rufle and 'half' scoping in, it basically abuses the slight built in auto-aim in much the same way a drag shot does.

It's pretty annoying, was less of an issue in Black Ops, not impossible to get around though.
    A ha.  Cheers Stu, very useful.
  • Options
    Out of the Modern warfare campaigns it is my favorite.
    Followed by the original modern warfare.
  • Options
    is it similar to MW2? because it looks the same to me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i might go buy this game today...becuz i need a shooter gm along with my fifa... but i need to know if its any better then MW2, becuz MW2 got boring after 1 month. (i only play online multiplayer, dont care about computer campaign)
  • Options
    i might go buy this game today...becuz i need a shooter gm along with my fifa... but i need to know if its any better then MW2, becuz MW2 got boring after 1 month. (i only play online multiplayer, dont care about computer campaign)
    I have battlefield 3 and the online is top-notch but can't say about MW3 as I've not played it.
  • Options
    Rush on Battlefield 3 is the best multiplayer mode I've ever played.
  • Options

Same as MW2 really, unless you care about small changes like weapon ranking. BF3 better online imo.

But its all about Skyrim tomorrow, gonna be quality game.
  • Options
    The missus bought it for me yesterday. Internet is down at the moment so did a bit of Campaign, only a few missions. Thought it was pretty decent
  • Options
    Have they got rid of danger close and grenade launchers?
  • Options

Was quite funny actually,

The fella i was following ( i forget the names) kicks open the door and goes "Frost, Throw a 9 banger!"

Im like...wtf....i dont even know what that is! So i just run in shooting LOL

• Options

The fella i was following ( i forget the names) kicks open the door and goes "Frost, Throw a 9 banger!"

You're not alone.  I done exactly the same thing.  I'm rubbish with the grenades.  I would have thrown it, it would have hit the door frame, landed at my feet and blown my legs off!
  • Options
    Dont think I used one throughout the campaign, online there pretty useful though, as is the fake care package.

• Options

You're not alone.  I done exactly the same thing.  I'm rubbish with the grenades.  I would have thrown it, it would have hit the door frame, landed at my feet and blown my legs off!
    If he had said "throw a grenade" i would have known what to do. I just didnt understand the 9 banger bit. The mission i got up to was where i was a Russian and i was on a plane. Then i turned it off to go to bed. Possibly just after the mini remote controlled tank thing (which was awesome)