Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rugby man woke up gay after stroke

For those who want to lose weight. From AOL news.

A 19-stone rugby player who suffered a stroke ditched his fiancee after claiming he woke up gay.

Chris Birch, 26, has since slimmed down to a lithe 11 stone, retrained as a hairdresser and moved in with a teenage boyfriend. He now works at J's Hair Salon in Ystrad Mynach, south Wales, after giving up his job in a bank.

The freak life-changing accident happened during a rugby training session when he attempted a back flip and broke his neck. His parents and girlfriend endured an anxious bedside vigil waiting to discover whether he would recover from the accident.

The man who eventually emerged was different in almost every way and found he hated sport and was no longer interested in women. Plans to get married and settle down were dropped as he embarked on a new life as an openly gay man.

"I was gay when I woke up and I still am," Mr Birch said, speaking from J' Hair Salon.

He has also detailed the life-changing impact of his stroke in a series of newspapers.

"It sounds strange but when I came round I immediately felt different. I wasn't interested in women any more," he is reported as saying.

"I had never been attracted to a man before - I'd never even had any gay friends. But I didn't care about who I was before, I had to be true to my feelings.

"Suddenly I hated everything about my old life. I didn't get on with my friends, I hated sport and found my job boring.

"I started to take more pride in my appearance, bleached my hair and started working out. I went from a 19-stone skinhead to an 11-stone preened man."

Comments

• Options
    So, is he the only gay in the village.
  • Options
    Never liked that game
  • Options
    edited November 2011

So he basically used a broken neck and a stroke as an excuse to admit that he always fancied a bit of c0ck

• Options
    I saw this article in the Metro today and only had a pic of hims as is now.  I want to see a before and after?  ie. the 19 stone version.
  • Options
    edited November 2011

What would happen if he bangs his bonce again and wakes up straight......and then a few months later he bangs his head yet again and........well you know where this is going...LOL!!

Personally I think he ought to buy himself a f'ing crash helmet, not a bottle of hair bleach!

• Options
    LOL Soundas
  • Options
    Was a picture in The Sun today.
  • Options
    Is this a Would ya?
  • Options
    Is this a Would ya?
    You go first.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is this a Would ya?
    You go first.
    Bet you say that to all your dates.  No, thanks you're not my type Macronate but I hope we can still be friends ; - )
  • Options
    Is this a Would ya?
    You go first.
    Bet you say that to all your dates.  No, thanks you're not my type Macronate but I hope we can still be friends ; - )
    Stop winkin' at me!
  • Options
    Henry's turn in the barrel?
  • Options

This happens to me quite regularly.

Dont see what all the fuss is about.

• Options
    It scales down as well. 

I stubbed my toe this morning and ended up slapping a blokes arse on the bus
  • Options
    Hope his hearing is all right if they ask for a Blow dry.
  • Options
    Well, if I'd broke my neck doing a back-flip I'm sure I'd probably wake up feeling a bit queer.

Was it a fella that gave him the stroke? :-)
  • Options
    A friend of mine lives in Ystrad Mynach i'll ask if she knows him
  • Options
    is he the only gay in the village?
  • Options
    It scales down as well. 

That made I larf!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It scales down as well. 

funniest thing i've read on here in a long time.
  • Options
    I'd say he was probably always this way and used this as an excuse to come out
  • Options
    Is it so very difficult to admit you are a hairdresser?
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Could be worse, you could break your neck and wake up as a palace fan...........