Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shaymen V Addicks Info

Just thought I would give you some up to date info regarding the Halifax game since a few things have changed since Ina Carwright's visit in 2002.  The ground is currenlty open on 3 sides (the North stand is currently closed due to a cheap rush job to get us promoted back to the football league, which means the terracing is coming apart). The car park behind the North Stand is owned by Halifax Bank and we used to be able to use it many years ago until the 'old' club failed to pay for it's use.  There is street parking on Huddersfield Road which runs along the top of the ground and surrounding areas have street parking but watch out for residents parking areas!  The Shay Hotel is now closed and will shortly be a car park for the Nissan garage next door.  The best pubs are the 3 Pigeons and Dirty Dick's - especially of you like real ale with a proper head and not the dishwater I have had on my visits to watch the Addicks. The Pumproom is a good real ale pub although I have had a few pints of vinegar over the years as they seem to have that many beers on and can't shift it quick enough.  From the train station the The 3 pigeons is located by turning left once you hit the main road out of the station and is on the left near to the Shay.  The pumproom is in the same direction on the right on the mini roundabout and Dirty Dicks is located by following the road up past the Pumproom.  There is no bar in the skircoat stand (only new East Stand and the South Stand).

Should by some miracle the game end in a draw hope to be at The Valley for the replay but I can't see the Shaymen getting anything against the mighty Charton.

If you need any further info let me know.

Steve (Shayman & Addicks fan)

Comments

• Options

Hi Steve, good to see you on a proper board for a change, I have just asked another Halifax fan (shayman67) if it was you but I can see you clearly here.

If by chance it is a draw you and that copper mate of yours are welcome to stay at mine like last time and the tickets and the meal in Legends are on me.

Have a good one Sunday, I will be tucked up in front of my TV :-)

• Options
    sounds great Unc and I didn't even send you a birthday card :-(
    Seriously cant wait and I do feel it will be a lot closer than people are expecting - it's the cup and anything goes, got the day off work, just need to grab a few pints in before midday!! C U at the Valley!
  • Options
    So glad il be able to get some real ale. That would really have spoiled my day..
  • Options
    Oh yeah I forgot that, well if its a draw Marshy can stay at my place, there is a hotel for you just up th road :-) 
  • Options

Thanks for the offer Mike - would be glad to be able to take it up but can't see it happenng really.  Does your match package extend to FA Cup games?  Shame ur not making the trip on Sunday as we could have returned the compliment from our previous visits although it wouldn't be quite as classy as your hospitality! 

imageimageimage

***CHAMPIONS 2010***THE SHAYMEN ARE COMING BACK FASTER, FITTER, STRONGER ***CHAMPIONS 2011***

The Shaymen - Alive & Kicking - Onwards & Upwards

• Options
    E's a good, E's a good. Peaked in the 90's really, but good to see them still around.
  • Options
    Let's just hope these shaymen don't move any mountains
  • Options
    LOL  I remember the Shamen - they had about as many hits as a link to out trophy cabinet would get :)
  • Options
    Oh yeah I forgot that, well if its a draw Marshy can stay at my place, there is a hotel for you just up th road :-) 
    I'm sure his 'condition' will have cleared up by then ;-)

• Options

Thanks for the offer Mike - would be glad to be able to take it up but can't see it happenng really.  Does your match package extend to FA Cup games?  Shame ur not making the trip on Sunday as we could have returned the compliment from our previous visits although it wouldn't be quite as classy as your hospitality! 

imageimageimage

***CHAMPIONS 2010***THE SHAYMEN ARE COMING BACK FASTER, FITTER, STRONGER ***CHAMPIONS 2011***

The Shaymen - Alive & Kicking - Onwards & Upwards

Good post Ste, bring a bit of flare and colour to this site..breakfast in Weatherspoons and some ale in dirty dicks, then look fwd to the replay ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jashea99 is a bit of a dry old stick isn't he?

• Options
    Jashea99 is a bit of a dry old stick isn't he?

He is indeed. Also he can't spell "I'll" but that doesn't really matter : - )