Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Best / Worst Loan Players ?

Comments

• Options

Cranie and Halford, among the worst from a squad that seemed to be made up of nothing but loan players for about a year and a half. Martyn Waghorn, Scott Sinclair, Tom Soares, Lee Cook, Jay McEverley, Danny Butterfield, Carl Ikeme, Linvoy Primus, Danny Mills, Keith Gillespie, Hamer Bouazza, Tresor Kandol - I'm sure there's a few more that I can't think off. Some were good, some were alright, some were dismal, hardly surprising we ended up plummeting with such a ridiculous turnover of players.

Jorge Costa was the best, was David Whyte any good when he played for us on loan, or was it only when he signed for us permanently that he turned out to be a nomadic genius?

• Options
    Derek Hales
  • Options
    i was not a fan of waghorn to say the least
  • Options
    We got rid of Cole because he was involved in a gang rape in a london hotel with Kieron Dyer and Titmus Bramble that didnt happen.
    He was supposed to come back, he didn't want to . We got compensation from Chelsea for it which I think was about 1.5mil although was not disclosed at the time, so in essence, we got another 1.5mil on top of the original Parker fee. I think anyway... 
  • Options

I can't do quotes - so I agree with what Mr Largo says !

Cant beleive we have had that many loan players over the last 2 or 3 seasons..........no wonder we were cr*p !

Funny that as soon as we get "proper" players in we start to play well.

my best loanees are  - Costa , Carson, Kernaghan & Smertin.

My worst are :  Lee Cook, Keith Gillespie, Tom Soares, Mike Small

• Options

carlton cole was ok wen with us

Ermm.........are you being serious?
  • Options
    Best - John Hendry for THAT goal v Millwall
    Worst - Ian Ferguson - 1 game v Derby in 1989, promply got injured and was never seen or heard from again.
  • Options
    If you're sticking John Hendry in that I'll have to put Paul Kitson's name forward for sending 8k+ Addicks into raptures at Selhurst Park in the title winning season.
  • Options
    Lee Martin was good, he was a god at P'boro away

Nouble one of the worst, I swear he's half human and half donkey
  • Options
    Best - Costa, Carson, Smertin

Worst - Nouble, Gillespie, Sinclair (not used right)    
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jim Stannard must have a shout for worst
  • Options
    Good
    Steve Stacey
    Hans Jepson
    John Hendrey
    Jorge Costa

Bad
    Mike Small
    Hogan Emphraim - Done nothing since he joined

• Options

Good

Costa, Whyte, McDonald,

Bad

Small, Bailey, Sinclair, Nouble

• Options
    Agree that costa was the best during my era.
    If my memory is correct martin pringle came in on loan initially and did well. As a loanee I'd put him forward (but then you have to ignore his form after he signed permanently).
    Worst loan player for me was carlton cole - I can forgive some one being a bad player but he felt he was to good for us ( he wasn't).
  • Options
    Costa was class.
    Small was probably the worst....at Millwall of all places.
  • Options

Shaun Bartlett, Jorge Costa, Matt Jackson, Neil Heaney and Lee Power were all good and useful at the time which is the whole point of a loan.

Most Pardew loans were poor

• Options
    Was Allan Simonsen a loan?

Probably one of the better ones if he was
  • Options
    Simmo was not a loan..........we paid around £300,000 for him.
  • Options
    Best :- Sailor Brown by a country mile!
  • Options
    Best Hogam Emphrain - unbeaten and hasn't put a foot wrong since he joined us and Jorge Costa

Worst, take your pick from one in about twenty of Parky's Duds
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jackson one of the best, was originally on loan
  • Options
    Was Allan Simonsen a loan?

Probably one of the better ones if he was

Definitely not a loan
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Best - Costa
    Worst - Mooney - I can remember sitting in the east stand and looking around at the fans reactions after another one of Mooneys air shots or trips over a blade of grass. Pure embarrasment and stunned wonder at how someone made it as a professional when they were so crap and how they had ended up at Charlton. It was a nail in the coffin of charlton athletic for that season.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Mooney worse than Nouble , Cook or Cole - never.
  • Options
    Simmo was not a loan..........we paid around £300,000 for him.

........... or not as the case may be ?
  • Options
    Barca let us off £200k !
  • Options
    For me, he almost has to fit into both categories - well, almost almost.  Just in the sense that when he came in on loan, he looked pretty good but got injured after 4 matches, becoming just another statistic in terms of how difficult it was to find a left-back that season.
  • Options
    For me, he almost has to fit into both categories - well, almost almost.  Just in the sense that when he came in on loan, he looked pretty good but got injured after 4 matches, becoming just another statistic in terms of how difficult it was to find a left-back that season.

Never did it for me at left back, got caught out of position too often, never looked that comfortable. Seems to be slightly better wide midfield ;-)