Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anyone selling Brentford away tickets?

ACAC
edited November 2011 in General Charlton
Hi Guys, 

Didn't have enough money to buy tickets when they were on general sale (I'm a student!) but now have the money. This is my closest game to me from uni and i'm desperate to see it as i haven't been to a game since Scunthorpe at home!

If anyone knows if I can buy a ticket off someone I would be grateful!

Much love 

AC

Comments

• Options
    Are they sold out then? Was just looking at the fixture list and train tickets.
  • Options
    About a week ago!
  • Options
    sold out way before the preston game. home area tickets still available i belive but ssshhhhh...
  • Options
    ACAC
    edited November 2011
    My lecturer is a bees ST holder, gonna try and get one off him if they are not on general sale in the home end.
  • Options
    Home end it mate, the year before last there were loads in the Brentford end.
  • Options
    They are only on sale to recorded Brentford supporters (so Brentford say).
  • Options
    Don't forget I'm after one too. Ta
  • Options
    AC, what uni do you go to?
  • Options
    I'd like one too :)
  • Options
    Kingston! Not too far away and not too close! It's not the best uni but its one of the best for my course!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Mate of mine is a Basingstoke supporter and he went to Brentford yesterday to see them play in the cup. He's e-mailed me to say the Brentford programme was making much of our visit next Saturday and they are very worried about how many CAFC fans are coming and are trying to restrict sales to home fans on their database to stop the crowd mixing.

If you haven't got a ticket, I fear some fairly creative thinking is going to be needed to get one.

• Options
    they will sell on the day general sale not that creative
  • Options
    Certainly looks that way if you look at their site Dan, I can't see anything about them not selling tickets on the day either.
  • Options
    they will sell on the day general sale not that creative
    Brentford fan at work claims they had the same problem when Southampton sold out early. It was hard for home fans to get tickets, yet there were still Saints fans in the home end. It won't be easy but where there's a will there's a way!
  • Options
    If you look at their website - http://www.brentfordfc.co.uk/page/LatestNews/0,,10421~2508885,00.html - it looks pretty clear to me they are only selling to supporters on the Brentford ticket office database. Also asking Brentford fans not to buy for CAFC fans (and threatening action against anyone who does) and now threatening to throw out any CAFC fans found in the wrong areas of the ground.
  • Options
    yes if you buy advance,on the day it will be on the door. This reminds me of the stuwall
  • Options
    If you look at their website - http://www.brentfordfc.co.uk/page/LatestNews/0,,10421~2508885,00.html - it looks pretty clear to me they are only selling to supporters on the Brentford ticket office database. Also asking Brentford fans not to buy for CAFC fans (and threatening action against anyone who does) and now threatening to throw out any CAFC fans found in the wrong areas of the ground.
    to join one of their ticket priority schemes will cost £1.

Members of this scheme can buy tickets for the match.

Well, that's the way I read it.
  • Options
    I don't think it's very strict, I know of a few people who got tickets for the home end over the weekend via the phone line.
  • Options
    On the brentford forum many are saying that people wont have a problem buying tickets in the home end on the day, as long as they don't look like charlton fans. So no shirts, but red and white scarfs will be fine...
    http://www.griffinpark.org/forums/showthread.php?t=95120
  • Options
    Kingston! Not too far away and not too close! It's not the best uni but its one of the best for my course!
    ahh fair play, I go to the university of West London which is based in Ealing and Brentford so thought you'd be near there!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I might give it a go on the day - at this rate they'll be heading for a (relatively) large crowd.

Would rather buy 2 in away end though if anyone is game.

Won't be getting the boat though - all too political.

• Options
    Do you reckon i could get a home ticket on the gate ? ..
  • Options
    You'll be fine Ad - assuming you've got an Away Season Ticket.
  • Options
    may well go see it in the home end with my mates and keep my gob shut while i'm in there. Looking at their message board they dont really care if guys like me come along and watch in their end.
  • Options
    If someone could inbox me if they have any spares it would be appreciated.
  • Options
    may well go see it in the home end with my mates and keep my gob shut while i'm in there. Looking at their message board they dont really care if guys like me come along and watch in their end.
    Same here mate ! . Anyone think that brentford home tickets will be sold out ?
  • Options
    on their message board they freely admit that the game will be no where near a sell out, but get there early if you wanna buy tickets on the door. My housemates (all girls) are bugging me to take them to a brentford game so I might choose this one to try and get them to support charlton haha.
  • Options
    Brentford - that well known babe magnet?  You'll have to do better than that mate ;0)
  • Options

Am I missing something here guys, the Brentford message board says come along as they dont care but the official web site says if you are not on their database they will not sell you a "home" ticket.

Seeing as its the club and not the fans that sell the tickets its a long way to go to get turned away. 

• Options

It's not that far !

I went to Exeter away couple of seasons ago without a ticket knowing we had sold out, managed to buy my way into the away end via the turnstile.