Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cricket - Interesting Test - SA v Aus

1st Test of the series between the two teams playing for 4th in the world...... ;-)

Aus batted first and got 284.

SA all out for 96.

Aussie 2nd dig currently 21-9!

No way back for Aus after that batting. Expect SA to win comfortably tomorrow, probably before lunch by 8 wickets. Smith will get 100 I'm sure.

Comments

• Options
    In a county match that would definitely spark a pitch investigation, where's it being played?
  • Options
    28-9, damn, saved from having the lowest ever test score.
  • Options
    edited November 2011

This is turning in to a great Test match.
    Fantastic performance by SA to bowl out the Aussie's for 47 in the 2nd dig, having only just avoided the follow-on themselves. At 21/9 Australia were on the verge of setting a new lowest ever Test match score!
    Best part of £1M matched on Australia at less than 1/4 on Betfair; now trading at around 3/1. Those punters will have a restless night.
    The Aussie's will get slaughtered if this goes against them. Come on you Saffers!
  • Options
    edited November 2011

• Options
    really would like SA to win as that would be demoralising for australia losing from that position .Cant comment on the pitch but clarke has scored a good ton on it first up ,have other conditions changed?

trouble is now that is easy to jump to obvious conclusions about freak innings where gambling is involved ,also note there are quite a few lbws for both teams ...just hope there is no stupidity going on
  • Options
    Saffers home and hosed after the most abject batting 'performance' by the Aussies when the game was theirs for the taking.  Thank God it wasn't England (mind you we had some dreadful collapses a few years back.)  Trouble is that nowadays I can't helping wondering if money has changed hands. 
  • Options
    Having watched the highlights, the pitch is bordering on the dangerous, green, damp and w i c k e d
  • Options
    However, SA are 81-1 in their second innings, so they only require another 155 to win the test
  • Options
    Tomorrow will be very interesting!!!
  • Options
    SA 186-1 chasing 236
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

They are making it look like they're playing on a different pitch today.

So good to see the Aussies get hammered. Something I never tire of.

• Options
    As Bumble would say "They flippin murdered them".
  • Options
    SA win by 8 wickets inside 3 days, Smith 101 no
  • Options
    To win by 8 wickets after being nearly 200 behind on first innings is, to quote David Coleman, remarkable.
    Love seeing the Aussies get stuffed.
  • Options
    SA win by 8 wickets inside 3 days, Smith 101 no
    Pretty much as I predicted then.
  • Options

I am pleased but also furious at the Saffers for letting the Aussies escape from 21-9 to 47 all out.

If they'd been bowled out for anything in the 20's then my quality of life here in the tropics would improve by about 1000%.

But of course, 47 is one more than 46. Damn it!

• Options
    I watched this last night. The Aussies really are a pathetic side at the moment. Long may it continue!
  • Options
    Wonder what the odds were after the first innings?
  • Options

Is it a record that the last wicket stand made more runs than the previous 9 wickets before it?