Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anyone watch Topgear?

Was that not one of the best episodes ever?!?!
Not sure if that the bit where those howdy dooody's were trying to shoe em in was real? Never been to America but get the impression that its slightly ruff in those parts.
If anyone missed it you have got to watch the repeat tomorrow.

Comments

• Options
    It was absolutely superb!

The wife and I were crying with laughter at some points. We, too, weren't too sure about the shoeing bit, but it was bloody good TV!
  • Options
    how about that cow. i was in tears
  • Options
    without a doubt one of the best episodes ever , even got the Mrs watching it now despite not being a car person at all .

In all honesty whether your into your cars or not it's one of the best shows on TV right now
  • Options
    The cow was hilarious - just like the Hamster almost getting eaten by alligators!

"How do we peel it?" lol
  • Options
    Top gear has always been absolutely top tv.

Has an amazing mix of aspiration and top Boy's tv!

Think about it- wouldn't you just love Clarkson's job!
  • Options
    I ain't got a clue about cars but religiously watch this! comedy value!
  • Options
    Undoubtedly the best bit was the writing on the cars. i hate country an western and nascar sucks. Genius! F**k it I'm gonna watch the replay tomorrow.
  • Options
    Fantastic Programme. Really enjoyed Sunday's show.

"This is just a hick town, we don't like those homosexuals" "NASCAR sucks? I'm gonna call the boys" - Up turns a pick up with what looks like a rather large group of Clansmen. Clarkson leaving May and the Hamster behind to jump the Chevvy was hilarious.

Couldn't believe that the richest nation in the World has left New Orleans like it was a year after Katrina hit. No wonder they fire missiles at their allies.
  • Options
    The fat stig had me in stitches and the "man love rules" in pink on the side of the hamster's pick up when he pulled into the garage and the "lady" owner said she get the boys on to them.
  • Options
    I couldn't believe the state of New Orleans either. And they still couldn't give away Captain Slow's car!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Quality!
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Strapping the dead Ox to a car and reversing to fling it off was a bit out or order (although amusing).

If Hammond had become 'road kill' during that crash, would they have strapped him to a Cow for a laugh? I doubt it.

I demand that the BBC issue a public apology to the Ox's family.
  • Options
    i watched it too. hilarious.

didn't like the cow thing on the car either. but found it hard not to smile at the same time!

was willing them to jump the chevvy before the hicks got them. that woman was fierce!!!
  • Options
    is it repeated ?
  • Options
    Yeah, 7 on wednesday evening, well worth a watch, them 3 are nutta's!
  • Options
    ha yes, i can see afka tomorrow night while at home with his pinny on... er darling there's a little programme i woudl like to watch in between courses tonight.
  • Options
    Top TV!!

I couldn't stop giggling when they were ripping the Air Con from May's Cadillac and then kept ramming into his car!! Proper boys on tour stuff!!
  • Options
    Excellent comedy value, such an unlikely trio last of the summer wine of the motoring world. James May's hair is simply ridiculous but coming from someone follicularly challenged that is a bit cheap perhaps
  • Options
    Finally got round to watching it last night. Fooking quality. Not laughed so much at TV since Borat.

Slogans on the cars was top drawer. "Hillary for President", "Nascar sucks", "Country and Western is Rubbish", and the best "Man love rules ok".
  • Options
    amazing piece on Ayrton Senna in tonights show. When motor racing was good.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah the Senna piece was really good, what did Clarkson say at the end after it? Something about another film next year? I couldn't watch Cruise or Diaz, too cringey.
  • Options
    yeah he said there was a film coming out next year about him.

The Cruise Diaz Clarkson lovefest was cringeworthy
  • Options
    The Senna bit retrieved this series. I love the show but it's a little too predictable. The caravan stuff a couple of weeks ago (or was that last week?) I mean you knew one car would go over a cliff and that Clarkson's would be blown over!

Saying that I'd still love to see them test whether the Darwin Award story about JATO's was really an urban myth!
  • Options
    Just reminded me how much i detest F1 now. Senna was awesome!

I want that Bugatti!!!

Diaz, what a gal.

Cruise, what a small, big nosed tw@t!
  • Options
    Bugatti was awesome and I thought Cruise and Diaz did pretty well.
    Tom Cruise - isn't he The Hamster's body and stunt double? Or are they actually the same person we didn't see both of them in shot at the same time.
    I reckon it's very doubtful Hammond does the (tricky) driving himself - not skillful enough - the film editing is quite clever to hide that though. Anyway what beat both the VW Touareg and the snowmobiles across the frozen lake? Why, as per usual, the Ford Transit or whatever carrying the camera crew......
    Oops, is my cynicism showing?
  • Options
    I thought the Senna piece was awesome. I'm a big fan of the show, predictable or not.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I love the show but it is getting very predictable. I can't stand the bit every freaking week when the Stig is introduced "some say..." give it a rest will you!

Anyone else think Cruise's lap time was suspect? He was all over the place and how much time was lost while he was on two wheels? I demand an investigation. Regarding Diaz, out of two I'd give her one!
  • Options
    all the sports bike mags have been doing these stunts for over ten years. Top Gear has just ripped them off, but with more dough to spend!!
  • Options
    Watched this last night, did anyone else think the Lap Times were suspect, Cameron Diaz's looked well quick, Tom Cruise's lap looked pedestrian yet was a second quicker, sorry don't believe it for a minute.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Watched this last night, did anyone else think the Lap Times were suspect, Cameron Diaz's looked well quick, Tom Cruise's lap looked pedestrian yet was a second quicker, sorry don't believe it for a minute.

I do - see my post two above yours lol!