Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

swindon 4 huddersfield 1

edited November 2011 in General Charlton
Did they rest some 1st teamers ?

Comments

• Options
    7 first teamers rested. Shows that they don't have much depth.
  • Options
    Still Undefeated though. Play Offs , F.A Cup , Carling Cup , JPT etc doesnt count !!!
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Yeah our 2 home defeats this season have been costly
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    4-1!  I don't care how much they aren't bothered about cup competitions, no manager wants a result like that from the next league down.
  • Options
    I'm inclined to agree. Not sure how settled their first 11 has been but this would indicate not a great deal in the fringes.

Without Rhodes they'd be in trouble whereas, despite all his goals, BWP isn't the only regular scorer for us.

• Options
    edited November 2011
    lets not get like Sheff Wednesday  FFS  they are 40+ games unbeaten at our level therefore they are a VERY GOOD side---fact.
  • Options
    Well I know we'd be like on here if we had just lost 4-1, regardless of league form.

I had a quick look at their boards, a few doubts about Clark and the squad, yet now they are saying they are out of all cups so there are no excuses anymore.  Creates pressure in itself (as well as the run).

Personally, I still think we'll be the two to get the autos.
  • Options
    Perhaps, they took the view that progress in the cup can be dangerous. It's possible to get to the third round, get a plum tie and find that it is a distraction for the preceding 3 or 4 games followed by a 5-0 tonking. Or, it can be a tricky away game to a Championship which is low on revenue, a few bookings etc. One aim?
  • Options
    Leeds's league form did suffer around the time of their cup run two years ago but it may have suffered with or without the run and they went up anyway !
  • Options
    Huddersfield's reserves are not all that and Swindon is a good side. I give you ... CAFC reserves v PNE reserves and CAFC 1st choice v PNE (nearly) 1st choice as examples of relative team strengths and selection policy
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Believe me the vast majority of Hudders fans are extremely annoyed by this, more the manner of the defeat than the defeat itself.

As for the team, these players weren't youngsters or no hopers, but recent additions to the squad ie McDermott and Robinson who were a major part of Bournemouths challenge last season, or returning first teamers like McCombe & Kay the centre back pairing. The only player in the team who wouldn't normally be considered is Colgan in goals who seems to be getting a lot of blame.

I do not believe Lee Clark didnt go out to win this, last season the FA cup run and good performance at Arsenal was considered the turning point in the teams form.

A lucky win at Yeovil has papered over a rather poor run of form. Hudders fans always expect everything to go tits up, and are becoming very agitated, which will spill over into the game v Notts County saturday if things arent going well. For a club of this size and history, spending so many years in the bottom 2 divisions has created a negative "we will bottle it" mentality which seems rife throughout the club.

• Options
    I'm inclined to agree. Not sure how settled their first 11 has been but this would indicate not a great deal in the fringes.

Without Rhodes they'd be in trouble whereas, despite all his goals, BWP isn't the only regular scorer for us.

Could the same not be said about us after the beatings we got by Preston and Brentdford?
  • Options

A lucky win at Yeovil has papered over a rather poor run of form. Hudders fans always expect everything to go tits up, and are becoming very agitated, which will spill over into the game v Notts County saturday if things arent going well. For a club of this size and history, spending so many years in the bottom 2 divisions has created a negative "we will bottle it" mentality which seems rife throughout the club.

Thats a rather ominous statement - infact heard far too many of them on here last few years!!!

Personally hadn't realised you were unbeaten for so long until about a month or so ago, media attention, well that and I remember watching you lose in the playoffs!!! Still had you as firm favs for the title this year, infact i''d stil have you as favourites now, reckon if we're still top after crimbo with a points cushion then its ours to lose but there's a hell of a long way to go yet, don't really care where we finish as long as we get out this league