Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brentford Pubs

edited November 2011 in General Charlton
Has anyone got an order of preference, or is there specifically one for the away fans? I heard that the new inn is usually packed with away fans but does it have sky, as me and my mates were wondering if we could watch norwich vs arsenal.

Comments

• Options
    Isn't Brentford unique in that it has a pub on every corner of the ground?
  • Options
    Isn't Brentford unique in that it has a pub on every corner of the ground?
    yes
  • Options
    The Lord Nelson ( a Fullers pub ), about 10-15 minutes walk from the ground, is very good. Good beer and food, easy to get served and a good atmosphere, without being heaving. They will have Sky on in one end of the big, circular bar.
  • Options

Damn managed to keep it quiet about the Nelson  for past two seasons!

They also sell matchday programmes.

• Options
    Lots of Fullers pubs in the area, as the brewery's just down the road in Chiswick
  • Options
    Walking from the ground after a fixture there sometime in the 70s, I was passing a pub when the window shattered as a table was flung out into the street, closely followed by a bleeding Charlton fan.  I'd suggest you avoid that establishment.  Can't remember its name though.  

Hope that helps.
  • Options
    Walking from the ground after a fixture there sometime in the 70s, I was passing a pub when the window shattered as a table was flung out into the street, closely followed by a bleeding Charlton fan.  I'd suggest you avoid that establishment.  Can't remember its name though.  

Hope that helps.
    Was it young Curb's throwing that Quadrophenia table again?
  • Options
    Of the four pubs on the corners, two have 'admissions policies', in other words blokes on the door with earpieces. They are the Princess Royal and the Royal Oak. You are better off in the Griffin or the New Inn. The Griffin is Fullers, closest to the away end, and has Sky. The New Inn is for drinking Guiness and is a bit roomier. Lord Nelson is popular, as is The Globe with the local student population. And there are loads of other pubs so just fill your boots really.
  • Options
    Of the four pubs on the corners, two have 'admissions policies', in other words blokes on the door with earpieces. They are the Princess Royal and the Royal Oak. You are better off in the Griffin or the New Inn. The Griffin is Fullers, closest to the away end, and has Sky. The New Inn is for drinking Guiness and is a bit roomier. Lord Nelson is popular, as is The Globe with the local student population. And there are loads of other pubs so just fill your boots really.
    Cheers mate, looks like i'll be heading to the Griffin.
  • Options

does anyone know the weir? and if so does it have a garden backing on to the...well... weir i guess.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Went to the Royal Oak last year and security were fine. Quite a few Charlton in there, has a few tv's with Sky and not too expensive. Will probably go there again
  • Options
    The Globe accross the road from the station, on the opposite side of the railway line to the stadium is/was my local and a student pub. I know the guys that work there and you'll be very welcome, might even be having a drink myself there before the game with some mates.
  • Options
    I'm still looking for a couple of tickets if any about !!!

Griffin was fine last 2 games but I think Nathan and his 'crew' got into trouble there at some point ? Glass throwing I think.
  • Options
    that was at orient mate coach and horses
  • Options
    Oh yes - nutters
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    I work in Chiswick, plenty of boozers around there on the high street and only 10-15 mins to the ground by bus.

The Packhorse for real ale (Fullers pub) or Connellys for a decent pint of lager/Guinness and cheap food.