Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Have we won 4-0 on TV before?

edited November 2011 in General Charlton
Obviously a to Arsenal and h to Chelsea in Prem we scored four, but struggling to think of a 4-0 result?

Comments

• Options
    No.  Biggest ever televised win.
  • Options
    We scored four in a TV game against the Hammers- trouble is so did they
  • Options
    Closest I can think of was a 4-1 v Bradford in the Sir Clive era.
  • Options
    Closest I can think of was a 4-1 v Bradford in the Sir Clive era.
    Ah yes -including Mortimer's wonder goal!
  • Options
    didnt brownie welly one in from outside the box too?
  • Options
    Aye, and their goal was a blatant handball. There were two brawls if I remember. My sister thought the game was boring!
  • Options
    They had a Brazilian player who hand-balled it into the net to equalise, then we took over! If I remember rightly, they did have a good turnout for a Sunday live televised game.
  • Options
    We are winning alternate games 4-0 at the moment - 4-0 v Huddersfield? It would be nice.
  • Options
    didnt brownie welly one in from outside the box too?
    Yep - still one of my favourite CAFC moments ever - 'outside the box' doesn't do it justice - it was about 35 yards out and never got more than three foot off the ground :)

God I still have man-love for Browny
  • Options
    And i atill remember his finger wagging salute when he scored
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And i atill remember his finger wagging salute when he scored
    Ha! Me too! I taped the game - must have watched that goal twenty times when i got in. That and Morts' slalom through the Bradford defence, supporters' club and halfway up & down Floyd Road make it one of my most memorable games ever.
  • Options
    What was the score when we played birmingham away and the supporters club/junior red coach got stoned was it a 3-4 away win
  • Options
    What was the score when we played birmingham away and the supporters club/junior red coach got stoned was it a 3-4 away win

Yep, 4-3, including a wonderfully comic own goal from the Birminghan centre-half and great goals from Grant, Robinson and Leaburn.
  • Options
    thought Bowyer scored that game, was there and sure he did
  • Options
    thought Bowyer scored that game, was there and sure he did

No, he set up the third, broke from midfield and crossed for a brilliant first time finish from Robinson.
  • Options
    well it was a long while ago and I can't remember what happened yesterday so I bow to your superior knowedge
  • Options
    well it was a long while ago and I can't remember what happened yesterday so I bow to your superior knowedge

I watched it on the 90's video with my two boys yesterday!
  • Options
    I guess 10 seconds on the Football League Show doesn't count!