Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Not sure if this is allowed, but wanted to vent my spleen

edited November 2011 in Not Sports Related
As with every year I turned out with the other members of my village fire station yesterday to honour our glorious dead and the brave men and women still in war zones around the world.  On the march from the church to the war memorial a group of about 4 or 5 lads threw eggs at the parade.  2 hit my colleagues and a few more the army cadets behind us.  I am not in a large town or city but in the middle of the Weald of Kent, things like this should not happen anywhere but to have it happen here is a major shock.  No prizes for those of you that guess that these charming youngsters come from the same ethnic background as the people from Dale farm.  The Police did their bit by refusing a confrontation even after the parade was finished, they asked the leader of their small community to pass on that that behaviour was not acceptable.

Comments

• Disgraceful. Sorry to hear that.
    Wish them lot could find the time to 'travel' off to the job centre. Or better still,Afghanistan.
  • If these "travellers" are so proud of their culture maybe the scum that threw the eggs should have a history lesson on what happened to them during the Second World War.
  • edited November 2011
    Most of those so-called gypsy's think Romany Blood is what happens when you knife someone for their wallet in Italy
  • If these "travellers" are so proud of their culture maybe the scum that threw the eggs should have a history lesson on what happened to them during the Second World War.
    I couldn't agree more.
  • Disgraceful!  Have you thought of contacting a national newspaper? I bet they would love to show this community for what they really are!!
  • I don't agree with what they've done by any means its degrading and insulting , but would they say thats there way of 'protesting' against war?

More than likely their little toe rags who should know better , can't believe its come to this.
  • Blimey that's awful.
  • edited November 2011
    What with certain people nicking the metal plaques commemorating the fallen its got too far out of hand.
    As soon as we line up against a wall and shoot people whoever they are for this sort of behaviour it will stop.
    OTT? maybe, but it makes my blood boil!
  • As with every year I turned out with the other members of my village fire station yesterday to honour our glorious dead and the brave men and women still in war zones around the world.  On the march from the church to the war memorial a group of about 4 or 5 lads threw eggs at the parade.  2 hit my colleagues and a few more the army cadets behind us.  I am not in a large town or city but in the middle of the Weald of Kent, things like this should not happen anywhere but to have it happen here is a major shock.  No prizes for those of you that guess that these charming youngsters come from the same ethnic background as the people from Dale farm.  The Police did their bit by refusing a confrontation even after the parade was finished, they asked the leader of their small community to pass on that that behaviour was not acceptable.
    cfgs....where was this exactly?
  • This whole 'romany' thing is getting out of control. Some of the ex-Dale Farm mob are demanding that the council/government rehouse them in caravans as their 'culture' does not include living in accommodation built from bricks and mortar. I'd rehouse them in caravans on the Hebridean / Orkney Islands after putting a hole through the canoes they were given to paddle there. These people are not romanies, they are Irish n'er do wells and as 'european community citizens' they can't be deported, more is the pity.