Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Skiing / Snowboarding this year?

Anyone hitting the slopes this year, if so where?

I imagine the industry will suffer this season from the worldwide recession & certainly Canadian resorts won't benefit from a weak pound & strengthening US dollar.

My kids are both in ski racing programs which means every weekend for us at the local ski hills in Banff - starting on Sunday.

Comments

• Options

I'd love to go back to Canada and do it again but I cant afford it. Got a week in the Alps from Boxing day on hopefully the snow will be good.

February Andorra 1 week stag do hope it good

• Options

Jeez how I miss my sking........a snapped achillies tendon followed by heart surgery a few years back have put paid to what was the highlight of every year for me for about 15 to 20 years in a row .

Just have to live with my many very very happy memories on the pistes of Europe. Quite simply the best holidays I've ever had.

• Options

Jeez how I miss my sking........a snapped achillies tendon followed by heart surgery a few years back have put paid to what was the highlight of every year for me for about 15 to 20 years in a row .

Just have to live with my many very very happy memories on the pistes of Europe. Quite simply the best holidays I've ever had.

there is something special about a ski holiday, the build up, arriving in the resort, that leggy feeling after the first day, the dark nights surrounded by the mountains, the apres-ski, the apres-ski, the apres-ski.....
  • Options

there is something special about a ski holiday, the build up, arriving in the resort, that leggy feeling after the first day, the dark nights surrounded by the mountains, the apres-ski, the apres-ski, the apres-ski.....

Please Oakster don't.........it's too painful to think about.

I genuinely have tears in my eyes thinking of those days....if only I could turn back the clock.

• Options

Hopefully Colorado end of March.  Been last 3 years at that time and conditions have always been spectacular!  Can't guarentee snow in the east at that time of year, so have to head west.  Bigger resorts also with greater variety and warmer in March/April than Jan/Feb, also less people around.  Did Breckenridge last year, Winter park previous 2.  WP better mountain, Breck better town - it's a beautiful old western style mining town dating back over 125 years (v old in US terms).  Not big like Vail etc.  Would recommend it, especially for families.

Have always been surprised at amount of Brits skiing in Rockies given proximity to European ski resorts.  Always ask why and get a variety of answers:  similar cost (surprising, but not skied in europe for years so not sure of costs), better ski schools, language etc, the reason  I enjoyed most was that people in US are more polite/welcoming (they love Brits) and know how to queue for chair lifts etc! 

• Options
    Never been.

Everyone I've spoken to that has has absolutely loved it, definitely on my list of things to do.
  • Options
    Opening day this Friday here at Whistler Blackcomb... I'll be lining up at 5am. Incredible atmosphere up there on opening day.

Party around mine, catch a few hours sleep... in the queue, hot chocolate and baileys... back down by midday for breakfast. Happy days.

http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/weather/forecast/index.htm#

• Options

myself and my friends are huge skiiers/boarders. (i ski and my other 3 friends all board).

we have already bookd a week at Salt lake city, Utah for late JAN 2012. my favorite resort of all time is SNOWBIRD (Utah), then Vail (Colorado), followed by Killington (Vermont)...

i recently just got my first HD helmet video camera, so now i can capture every inch of shredded pow to remember on film.! so pumped...

• Options
    Hopefully a week in Austria at some point but I will have a several day trips here in Czech Rep too. The facilities aren't so great but it's certainly a lot cheaper.
  • Options
    Apart from football, skiing is without doubt my favourite sport. Going at new year this year, cannot wait to get back out there!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If only I could turn the clock back to pre hip replacement...
  • Options
    Just got back to Austria last week and was on the glacier today. 11th season and counting :)
  • Options
    Been snowing solid for the last 24 hours here in Whistler... should be a great opening day.
  • Options
    Went to Serre Chevalier with my sixth form in February. First time snowboarding and I absolutely loved it. Surprisingly hot as well!
  • Options
    Would love to do 6 months skiing/snowboarding somewhere, me and friend are looking into it, would absolutely love it!
  • Options
    Love skiing. Would like to try snowboarding. Sadly I have a girlfriend with a dodgy knee and she would rather sit on a sun bed for a week
  • Options
    Travelling to whistler today.not packed .
  • Options
    Went Alpe D'huez at the end of January. Absolutely perfect conditions.
  • Options
    Went to pula end of February brilliant resort and loads to do at night
  • Options
    Went to pila end of February brilliant resort and loads to do at night
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Went to La Plagne in December for a week the conditions were superb.

andorra first week in feb was good first 5 days but the last 2 became very icey love the sport though
  • Options
    Do a couple of runs for me everyone.......my heart and soul will be with you all....if not my body.
  • Options
    In Colorado at the moment. Snow almost gone. They have had half the average annual snow pack here but the groomers have done a good job in managing the runs of which 50% are still open. Our hotel shuts on Monday for 6 weeks until the summer vacationers come.
  • Options
    Sniw finished at the mini resort with the crazy steep black slope near me in China

Buuuuut... What great memories from my week at serre chevalier in early feb (Chinese New Year)

plan to find sone mates who wanns go next year... Top notch holiday...