Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

JPT vs FA Cup

edited November 2011 in General Charlton
Would you rather a long run in the JPT and a nice trip to Wembley at the end or would you rather a run in the FA Cup and getting knocked out in the 3rd/4th round to a Premiership club?

Comments

• Options
    FA Cup - I enjoyed the trip to White Hart Lane last year despite the scoreline.
  • Options
    Don't want anything to do with the JPT, least of all a half full wembley final - it's alright for little clubs like millwall etc but not for us to get excited about. FA cup for me.
  • Options
    FA Cup - I enjoyed the trip to White Hart Lane last year despite the scoreline.
    Same
  • Options

FA Cup, a decent pay day and day's outing and then get back to the day job. The JPT is only good for fielding a few non-starters and the odd youth/reserve teamer who you want to blood. The longer you stay in the tournament the more nuisance it becomes.

• Options

Full Members' Cup Final vs Blackburn was just before my time, so I've had only one Charlton trip to Wembley. Understand the comments about JPT being Mickey Mouse, but still think I'd take a trip to Wembley - Spurs was a decent day out last year but I preferred going there in the league and beating them more often than not.

• Options
    FA Cup is worth so much more money too
  • Options
    whichever keeps our unbeaten run, or greatest income the longest!

• Options

Full Members' Cup Final vs Blackburn was just before my time, so I've had only one Charlton trip to Wembley. Understand the comments about JPT being Mickey Mouse, but still think I'd take a trip to Wembley - Spurs was a decent day out last year but I preferred going there in the league and beating them more often than not.

Believe me, that final against Blackburn was an embarrassment.
  • Options
    FA Cup. No question.
  • Options
    FA Cup for me, lets get out of this league and forget all about the JPT 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

FA cup. if you do well in it the achievement is so much greater.

also because we keep meeting brentford in the paint trophy and getting knocked out. that and i'm not so bothered about going to the new wembely.

• Options
    Jpt is pointless. In a normal season a run in the fa cup is a nice bonus. However this is not a normal season. Concentrate on promotion first. Not worried about the cup being a distraction more concerned in keeping key players injury free.
  • Options
    People's Cup
  • Options
    The FA cup is the best competition in football.
  • Options
    Kent senior cup.
  • Options
    JPT for me. Would like to get to the New Wembley!
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Mr Largo said 'Full Members' Cup Final vs Blackburn was just before my time'

We should've won that, on paper we were the better side but never performed on the day in fact I distinctly recall coming away from the old Wembley with my son and late father behind a group of our fans singing ' We thought we were good but we were crap - Oh so crap'!

Getting back to the thread I've fallen out of love with all cup competitions in recent times as things ain't what they used to be and I said I would never go to another cup game after we went out to Fulham a few seasons back at Loftus Road. However I still keep going back for more punishment and it is still FA Cup over all the other Mickey Mouse Cup competitions.

• Options

Believe me, that final against Blackburn was an embarrassment.
    I was there and was elated when Blackburn scored and we did not have to endure a further 30 minutes of dross.  One of the worst games I have ever seen,

For me its not a choice would like to see us get to JPT final and win it whilst doing as well as possible in FA Cup.  However, if we on't win the JPT it ain't worth being in it.