Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Knowledge

edited November 2011 in General Charlton
Is anyone on here doing the knowledge? I'm about 70 routes in and just wondering if any one of the knowledge boys I speak to on my routes are fellow Charlton Lifers. The red Charlton jacket has proudly made its way on the moped to most of the London grounds. It got a few funny looks as I stopped for a fag in the car park of Upton Park :-)

Comments

• Options
    I hope you said "See you next year" when you left.
  • Options
    hi i used to teach the knowledge at the green badage school [no longer there ] in clapham manor street , if you are looking for any help , i will help you , you should think about joining a school , the best one is run by a very good friend of mine courtney connell around bermonsey off st james road se1 , if you need the number let me know .
  • Options
    Hello Clive, that would be excellent, thanks. I work in Peckham so Bermondsey is easy for me after work. I've been thinking of joining a school for a while, but haven't really knowm where to start as different people recommend different things. Thanks for that. Liam
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Just buy a sat-nav mate. At least it will take you the most direct route! ;-)
  • Options
    Just buy a sat-nav mate. At least it will take the most direct route! ;-)

Ha ha, I want to earn money, not go the most direct route! :-)
  • Options
    BDLBDL
    edited November 2011
    Few Charlton cabbies on Twitter if that's any help 

@martthetaxi  - Ledge on here
    @Headlongcabbie - Goodbyehorse on here

All good guys.
  • Options
    Thanks BDL, i'll add them. I'm @Da729
  • Options
    Few Charlton cabbies on Twitter if that's any help 

@martthetaxi  - Ledge on here
    @Headlongcabbie - Goodbyehorse on here

All good guys.
    Well, all but one - saw him up town last week and shouted ''Taxi''
    He flew past shouting ''Pedestrian'' at me.
  • Options
    Let me guess - Portch?
  • Options
    If anyone has any scooter clothing, knowledge books, maps etc for sale can you give me a pm

Starting the knowledge and have realised it can be quite expensive (£100 odd quid for a map)

Haven't even got the bike yet so any help would be great

Cheers

O-R-H
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Randy I will inbox you in the morning seems we are both starting at the same time and the knowledge is meant to be easier with a partner maybe we can hook up if you want

D
  • Options
    Excuse my ignorance but what exactly is "the knowledge"?
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    It's how NLA acquires his "intel" .
    He's already got ORH under surveillance :-)

Or it might be trainee taxi drivers learning all the London routes :-)
  • Options

Randy I will inbox you in the morning seems we are both starting at the same time and the knowledge is meant to be easier with a partner maybe we can hook up if you want

D

Sounds good nla. Chat tomorrow
  • Options

The exam that London black cab/Hackney Carriage wannabees have to pass on London streets and landmarks to obtain their licence has come to be known as 'The Knowledge'. It is difficult !!
  • Options

Are you doing it wizann or kp, I'm just finishing book 2 wizann way 160 runs, I was told by a few people to get runs done first, start points then join school / call over partner/s
    Joining school before finishing runs is a waste of money IMO
    But keep at it remember no one fails the knowledge
    They only give up!
  • Options
    So much different advice out there 3 of my pals done the opposite to what you say and 2 done exactly what you said

I think its one of those things where you will find a way that suits and crack on with it

I have that wrote on my maps no one fails they just give up was the one consistant point
    Everyone said
  • Options
    Im prob going to use wizann as I think its easier to get to on the way home from work.

Heard the same as you re the runs. Get them done 1st the do the pointing.

Do you use one of them big laminated maps ILLT
  • Options
    I've got a laminated map £20 the same paper map £6, and large scale central London £6 all from wizann, I've also got a large scale home made London map from a mate that just passed but its a bit worn, I am thinking about getting the large scale London map but I don't want to pay £100 for it soi will make do with what I've got for time being
  • Options

The exam that London black cab/Hackney Carriage wannabees have to pass on London streets and landmarks to obtain their licence has come to be known as 'The Knowledge'. It is difficult !!

Ah I see! Thanks
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    loved it in the old days when you said can you take me to Greenwich you got a "yes"---so you stopped em on the way through Deptford and got out. ask for Deptford and no chance of geting a ride. Now of course cart loads of cabs in Lewisham.
  • Options
    Get your eyes tested, laser surgery won't get me thru the medical - gl
    Fine to keep regular licence though
  • Options

loved it in the old days when you said can you take me to Greenwich you got a "yes"---so you stopped em on the way through Deptford and got out. ask for Deptford and no chance of geting a ride. Now of course cart loads of cabs in Lewisham.

Are the black cabs in Lewisham actual 'real' black cabs? I saw loads of them last time I was over but was not sure.

Back in the 1980's/90's you would rarely see a black cab in SE London!
  • Options
    Just been to the knowledge point on caly rd for my first intro to school really buzzing about it now feel recharged and ready to go after taking a few weeks off after leaving coke

Daunting the amount of work ahead but really looking forward to doing the runs and going to school

Hows everyone else getting on ???
  • Options

Just been to the knowledge point on caly rd for my first intro to school really buzzing about it now feel recharged and ready to go after taking a few weeks off after leaving coke

Daunting the amount of work ahead but really looking forward to doing the runs and going to school

Hows everyone else getting on ???

Buzzing after leaving coke?
  • Options
    Atleast it wernt a reference to OB 8)
  • Options
    Lol
  • Options
    Now 1/4 way through book 3 wizann way, hoping to to get all books done by end of summer then start the pointing!?!?
  • Options
    Collected me forms 3 times over the years, but that's as far as I got....