Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bye Bye Pouso

edited February 2007 in General Charlton
The now: http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=447889&CPID=8&clid=33&lid=&title=Pouso+wants+Charlton+exit

"I'm delighted to have secured Omar," Dowie told the club's official website.

"He's a very, very combative player, he gets goals and his delivery from set pieces is good.

"I've seen him play a couple of times, including the England game where he scored the wonder goal, but I've seen him play more times than that.

"He's got good ability, he's a good age, he brings athleticism and creativity to the team, but he also has plenty of aggression and competes very hard, which is very important for that central midfield area."

Pouso becomes Charlton's ninth signing since Dowie was appointed as manager to replace Alan Curbishley.

The Addicks have paid €500,000 (£337,000) for Pouso's loan signing and will pay a further €2.25 million (£1.5 million) if the deal becomes permanent, with the player having been granted a two-year work permit.

Comments

• Options
    It's definitely time the club clarified their intentions about Pouso.
  • Options
    Who?
  • Options
    He's still listed on the web site - but they haven't managed to find a picture of him yet!
  • Options
    I think Richard Murray made it perfectly clear about his intentions with Pouso.

"The sooner he goes back to Uruguay, or wherever he came from, the better. I shudder every month I sign his cheque."
  • Options
    Murray must have been in a right strop that interview....the Pouso quote (above) plus the famous Diawara quote...."the best centre half you have never heard of". Ha Ha!
  • Options
    Did he get a fair crack at it though ? I obviously can't watch reserve games but was he that bad. If so another desperation signing by Dowie. Sidwell is the one we missed...3m last season would have got him...quality player.
  • Options
    He's disappointed me a bit this season Murray, we've these type of quotes.

Would of thought he was better than that. To get to where he has you obviously need good management skills someone along the line, and publicly slating key staff, like he did with Diawara, was ill-advised, and not the right way to go about things, regardless of personal view.

I wouldn't be suprised if he regretted that rant considerably.
  • Options
    Its a sign of the stress felt by everyone at the club this season. Very un Murray like but he has had a lot to deal with all season.

Could you imaging Jordan in a similar position? - some of the quotes would be dynamite.
  • Options
    probably doesnt like throwing very good cash away, with very poor return, but that's the game innit