Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Christmas 2011

2»

Comments

• Options

Corporate cola:  Baaaaaaaaaaarstards!

cheek santa was green until we got hold of him and turnt him red,

for those interested the coca cola christmas truck is doing a tour of Local supermarkets

• Options

I actually quite lke Christmas, ultimately who doesn't,

That'd be me. I'd quite cheerfully sod off and ignore the whole thing but the wife is very keen on it for some reason so we have to go through Christmas By Numbers every year. Same things with same people every bloody year.

BAH HUMBUG!!

Me too i would rather just not be involved with it. One year i told everybody to not get me anything or if they felt they must just give some money to charity.  I got a massive bag full of shit i don't want or need.

I'll choose when i want to  buy somebody a present thanks.

And while we're on the subject why the flying fig do we have to have Turkey? We don't eat it the rest of the year. Why? Because it's rubbish.

• Options
    Agree about the turkey Vinnie, stopped having it. 
    Last year I had venison, good shiz. 
  • Options

Corporate cola:  Baaaaaaaaaaarstards!

cheek santa was green until we got hold of him and turnt him red,

for those interested the coca cola christmas truck is doing a tour of Local supermarkets

Where are those bloody rioters when you want one?
  • Options

One year i told everybody to not get me anything or if they felt they must just give some money to charity.  I got a massive bag full of shit i don't want or need.

Jesus, your relatives gave you a bag of shit????
  • Options
    Also, Santa was a Turkish Bishop, who, according to legend would instruct his "helpers" (ie slaves) to beat you and abduct you if you had been bad.  Now thats a proper Father Christmas.  Ho ho ho.
  • Options
    Work Xmas party tomorrow night!
  • Options
    On duty all over Christmas so missing out on all the fun :(
  • Options
    The Great Escape was on TV earlier this week.. Every body knows this should be on over the festive period! TV schedulers have no sense of tradition!  It is a nice long film we know inside out during which we old uns can have a nap and not miss anything.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

One year i told everybody to not get me anything or if they felt they must just give some money to charity.  I got a massive bag full of shit i don't want or need.

Jesus, your relatives gave you a bag of shit????
    Yeah. My Dads never forgiven me for necking his Single Malt when i was 15. ;)
  • Options
    The Great Escape was on TV earlier this week.. Every body knows this should be on over the festive period! TV schedulers have no sense of tradition!  It is a nice long film we know inside out during which we old uns can have a nap and not miss anything.
    Exactly. Now there is no need for Christmas.
  • Options

And while we're on the subject why the flying fig do we have to have Turkey? We don't eat it the rest of the year. Why? Because it's rubbish.

This is something that I bring up every year with 'er indoors. She absolutely insists we have to have turkey but that is the only time we eat it throughout the entire year. If it's that bloody good why aren't we having it every week? I suspect our turkey might have an unfortunate accident and I might need to dash out at the last minute to buy something that isn't dry and unappetising.
  • Options
    Love everything about christmas,decorations booze food and family get togethers and best of all a couple of weeks off work.
  • Options
    Stuff the turkey, we have rib of beef.
  • Options
    Love everything about christmas,decorations booze food and family get togethers and best of all a couple of weeks off work.
    Sorry, are you on drugs?! You love something!!
  • Options
    I LOVE Christmas!!! I also LOVE turkey and sprouts, so try to get in as many "traditional" Christmas dinners as I can. I love buying presents for people and spending hours wrapping them up whilst enjoying a glass of wine with Christmas songs playing. I love opening presents from family, despite the fact that obviously none of them know absolutely anything about me judging from their choices! I like seeing all the houses lit up, but not before 1st December at the earliest. Christmas, best time of the year :-)
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    I love Christmas and all its many, many traditions but hate the way it's marketed so heavily from October onwards. Leave the adverts and decs etc until the last week of November at the very earliest. By the time it's here we've had 2 months of songs, adverts and we're all sick to death of it. Bluewater are also doing their big switch on tonight so there will be traffic chaos and fireworks galore. We don't start celebrating Easter in February do we?  
  • Options
    For me it's not Christmas until I hear Slade's Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
  • Options

Listen:

Are you hanging up a stocking on your wall?
    It's the time that every Santa has a ball
    Does he ride a red nosed reindeer?
    Does a 'ton up' on his sleigh
    Do the fairies keep him sober for a day?
    Chorus:
    So here it is merry Christmas
    Everybody's having fun
    Look to the future now
    It's only just begun
    Are you waiting for the family to arrive?
    Are you sure you got the room to spare inside?
    Does your granny always tell ya that the old songs are the best?
    Then she's up and rock 'n' rollin' with the rest
    Chorus:
    Everybody's having fun
    Look to the future now
    It's only just begun
    What will your daddy do
    When he sees your Mama kissin' Santa Claus?
    Ah ah
    Are you hanging up a stocking on your wall?
    Are you hoping that the snow will start to fall?
    Do you ride on down the hillside in a buggy you have made?
    When you land upon your head then you've been slayed
    Chorus (3x)
    Everybody's having fun
    Look to the future now
    It's only just begun

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dont get me wrong, i love christmas etc etc but come on, people who live around the corner from me have all the decorations and lights up already! Its only 17th November for god sake! I understand why Oxford St etc have their lights up because of Tourists but in a road in Welling is a bit over-the-top.

give it a couple of years and your neighbours will be dragged off to jail as Carbon Wasters/Planet Warming Deniers