Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Looks like Benson is on the way out soon

Comments

• Options

Have mixed feelings about this....he did pretty well for us.....but you always felt he 'underachieved' which for no apparent reason sometimes happens.

He's just as likely to move elsewhere and quite unaccountably do quite well.....I think he's a pretty decent player.

• Options
    Agreed, I feel very sorry for him.  There is a good player in there, it just hasn't worked out for him here.  Also, I would say we are in a much stronger position as a club now & he is probably not up to the standard of our other forward options.  It's a sign of how far the club has come in the last 6-9 months.

Decent player, a true gent who gives 100% & I wish him all the best!
  • Options
    Good luck to Paul if he leaves in the next week.
  • Options

the so called good players of last season getting shimmied along and out the door ... long may it continue

one aim

• Options
    He played well at Bromley. At the end he was speaking to some Charlton fans and said he hoped to be off to join Parkinson at Bradford soon!
  • Options
    He played well at Bromley. At the end he was speaking to some Charlton fans and said he hoped to be off to join Parkinson at Bradford soon!
    Good luck Paul.
  • Options

the so called good players of last season getting shimmied along and out the door ... long may it continue

one aim

This................ but he leaves with my best wishes, I am sure he is a nice guy so good luck to him
  • Options
    Wish him nothing but the best.
  • Options
    Unless he's playing against us.
  • Options
    He must've thought he was in with a shout here or he would've gone to Notts County.  Crazy to go to Bradford and I can't believe a L1 club won't come in for him.  With the proper service (and god knows he didn't get that last year) he will score.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Better than Euell and Hayes... Dissapointed
  • Options
    edited November 2011

I like Benson, but there is absolutely no way he is a better football player than Hayes.
  • Options
    I like Benson, but there is absolutely no way he is a better football player than Hayes.
    This, there is not a chance they can compared as footballers two totally different styles and players
  • Options
    Good goalscorer, hard working but a limited player, clearly not Championship standard. Best we could afford last season but have better now as said.

If BWP is out for more than the odd game I'd expect we'd bring in someone on loan, ideally someone we could potentially bring back next season.
  • Options

This.  I think a lot of people seriously under-rate what Hayes brings to the team, his skill and how hard he works.
  • Options
    New striker please Mr Powell. 
  • Options
    I think the 5-subs rule change spelt the end for Paul.
  • Options

This.  I think a lot of people seriously under-rate what Hayes brings to the team, his skill and how hard he works.
    I am, I'm afraid, a Hayes doubter.
    The chaps in the pub say I'm not seeing the bigger picture, and I agree, I'm not.
    I just dont see the value of his contributions in the way I could with Benno.
    But I totally trust CP and remain keen to be proved wrong!
  • Options

Shame he didn't get a proper run in the side this season as I felt he had ability and he had that understanding with Green at Dagenham which we'll never see. But we do have three much better strikers in front of him now making his chances of the matchday squad, nevermind the starting 11, pretty slim.

He wants games so I wish him the best of luck when he does leave.

• Options
    edited November 2011
    You either rated him or not, alas I didn't. A victim of circumstance and a case now of wrong place wrong time. Good luck for the future Benno but sorry you were just not my cup of tea.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You're crazy.
  • Options
    We can do better than having the likes of Benson, and hopefully that'll be proved in January...
  • Options
    Liked him.  His effort was always good even if his tackling wasn't.

Scored a decent number of goals when the team was doing well including a few winners.

Wouldn't have been unhappy to keep him but Hayes, Kermit and BWP are all better and I suspect so will Ephraim and the player we buy to replace Benson.

Good luck, Paul.
  • Options
    Didn't rate him - he was at the level of the team we had last year so i wish him all the best but he's a league 1 / 2 player at best for me and we're better than that now and looking to get better still.
  • Options
    I concur with Henry's view.

Good luck Paul.

Oh dear
  • Options
    Good honest player who tried his best for the club, yes I've got overheated at his poor touches, but the bloke knew where the back of the net was and feel sure once he gets established in a team he will score goals.  If he goes -  good luck Paul.
  • Options
    Liked him.  His effort was always good even if his tackling wasn't.

Scored a decent number of goals when the team was doing well including a few winners.

Wouldn't have been unhappy to keep him but Hayes, Kermit and BWP are all better and I suspect so will Ephraim and the player we buy to replace Benson.

Good luck, Paul.
    100% agree with this. Wish him all the best.
  • Options

I am, I'm afraid, a Hayes doubter.
    The chaps in the pub say I'm not seeing the bigger picture, and I agree, I'm not.
    I just dont see the value of his contributions in the way I could with Benno.
    But I totally trust CP and remain keen to be proved wrong!
    Exactly how I feel.

• Options
    How many assists does Hayes have? How many did Benson get last term?

They are totally different players, can't see how they can be compared really. BWP is our (main) goalscorer, not Hayes.
  • Options
    How many assists does Hayes have? How many did Benson get last term?

They are totally different players, can't see how they can be compared really. BWP is our (main) goalscorer, not Hayes.
    Yeah but you're not taking into account that we must have at least one member of the squad to dig out. As he's not getting in the starting 11 at the moment, it makes him a prime candidate for some.