Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Agents Fees

edited November 2011 in General Charlton

No idea if this is a lot for a League One club.

Seems very high.

http://www.cafc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10267~2519551,00.html

Comments

• Options
    Based on the overall figures disclosed by the FL that would put us at just about 10% of the annual League One spend on agents... so high yes but I suppose it shows how active we have been in comparison to the majority and we have done a lot of negotiations with higher-end players in the context of our division.

As for a championship comparison, that weighs us in at around about 1.5% spend.

Those stats are stark as to the gap between the leagues, regardless of what the likes of Norwich and Southampton have showed us on the pitch.
  • Options
    Just goes to show, There's no such thing as a free transfer.
  • Options
    I might have read the article wrong, but I thought the figures were for the 2010 - 2011 season. If that is right (I'm probably wrong) then god knows what we spent this close season!
  • Options
    I might have read the article wrong, but I thought the figures were for the 2010 - 2011 season. If that is right (I'm probably wrong) then god knows what we spent this close season!
    Which I guess would be up to June 31 2011 as that corresponds with the Club's financial year.

Many of the deals, in and out, were done by then even if not all announced.   Would also include all the loan deals such as Parrett and Nouble.  Not sure which transfers required an agent
  • Options
    If its for 19 of the 20 singings then it represents good business