Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Seeing The Valley from the air

edited November 2011 in General Charlton
Finally managed to do this yesterday during a flight to Scotland. Good views of other London grounds too. Quite emotional seeing it down there really. Anyone else had this pleasure?

Comments

• Options
    Had a flying lesson from Biggin Hill, many years ago, flying in one of Mr Scally's planes. It was during our time at sellout park. Took off headed towards Tower Bridge and then followed the river down towards Southend, circled The Valley for about 10 mins. Took some pics, haven't a clue where they are now.
  • Options
    Flying back fom France a few years back we had to circle london for a bit waiting to land. Saw pretty much every London ground from the air. Had my camcorder handy as well so filmed a lot of it out the window.
  • Options
    Flew over the Valley in a private plane about twenty years ago. Circled for about 10 minutes but my camera would only focus on the glass window of the cockpit! by the time I had changed the settings we had flown on!
  • Options

Coming into Heathrow in the Summer from France we must have gone over it at least 3 times waiting to land.  Sends a chill up the spine when seeing it from up high and alongside all the other London landmarks.

• Options
    Many years ago coming back from Oslo hoping to get to Charlton for an evening game and ends up stacked over London and seeing The Valley all lit up, but I never got to the match, expect we lost anyway.
  • Options
    Always miss it as the plane seems to turn over the O2 and I always sit on the right. Seen most other London grounds in including Highbury lit up during a match
  • Options
    Hovered over the valley in a helicopter.
  • Options
    It was good using City Airport on the charter flight (for a Plymouth game I think). As we accelerated down the runway the inevitable chant was "Going Up, Going Up..." Great views of The Valley too.
  • Options
    What did you sing coming down ........?
  • Options
    Hovered over the valley in a helicopter.
    As my daughter would say, cool beans.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Who's grounds are these?
  • Options
    Looks like Cardiff.
  • Options
    Looks like Cardiff.
    Sorry, No.
  • Options
    Arsenal
  • Options
    Arsenal, new & old?

• Options
    Arsenal, new & old?

It is indeed ; )
  • Options
    I have flown closer than this, but never with my camera.  Looks more like another pic of old Arsenal grounds :-(

• Options
    We flew out of LCA a few years back and turned over The Valley I pointed it out to Mrs TCE, on our return from Dublin she was delighted to announce to the whole plane. Look you can see The Valley from here, looking to the window to hide my embarressment only to see it get worse as there was the Nike swoosh on the seats at Highbury : (
  • Options
    I remember we were flying into Heathrow and had to circle London a few times and an American bloke next to me turned round and went look it's the Dome, and I went look it's the Valley and he had a very confused look in his face, after an 11 hour flight I didn't have the heart to explain to him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I flew into LCA a couple of week ago from Edinburgh. Due to an earlier storm in London the flight had to circle out in the North Sea until the time they got the all clear. The fight came along the thames before banking around the Shard and then banked around Canary whalf before plummeting down into LCA. It just seemed so close to both buildings that I felt I could reach out an touch them. Fantastic flight and well worth the 30 minute delay.  
  • Options
    ive had the pleasure!