Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Taxi for Parky?

Another defeat for Bradford today who are nearing the bottom of Div2 - not sure he's cut out for this management game. Shame to see him doing so badly.....

Comments

• Options
    I hope he turns it round. Decent man I think.
  • Options
    I won't slag the guy off I see no pleasure in him failing at another club,

It's bradfords problem and not ours no more
  • Options
    Hope he turns it round, really tough job.
  • Options
    He is getting Benson on loan soon from us with a view to the move becoming permanent so he will fire them to safety 
  • Options
    Really want them to do well. Have a lot of time for Parky; he did well at Colchester and by some accounts sowed the seeds of hull's promotion (bought turner i think...?) Just hope he doesn't run out of time at Bradford.
  • Options
    He has inherited a team that only placed a few spots above the releagtion zone on the last few seasons, he has pretty much no money to play with. The man isn't a god damn miracle worker.
  • Options
    A potential trip to Wembley in the JPT may buy him  a bit more time to turn things round.  
  • Options
    Bradford have a biggish fanbase - surprised at how much they've struggled.
  • Options
    Some will say this just confirms he's a poor manager, but he's a got a mixed record as a manager, whatever way you look at it.

Two years ago it was said it was his poor management that meant we didn't win promotion from this league. Since then very few fans actually rate the squad he had back then. Clearly we have a much stronger squad now and we're seeing the difference.

Good luck to him, a very tough job as said.
  • Options
    Hope he improves his record it down there.  Lived in Bradford and enjoyed it, but would never want to live there indefinitely.  Hope Benno does well there and get's a cushty move to a club like Orient, Southend or Brentford.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sorry. Nice man, but not good enough for the job. His record over since he left Colchester for Hull is p1ss poor.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Please, can we not have yet another thread about Parky?

Yeah, I know I don't have to read it - but it becomes a bit monotonous after a while.

How about a nice thread about Valley Gold instead? Or maybe our away support?

• Options
    edited November 2011
    Agree with the above, but Benty appears to be new, so will cut him/her some slack.
  • Options
    I said on another "Parky" thread that he will be gone by Christmas, I still stand by that.
  • Options
    Taxi for Phil Brown at Preston as well...
  • Options
    Benson should make a difference for them.
  • Options
    Benson should make a difference for them.
    Lol, they said that about Kyle Reid and he was on the bench today
  • Options
    I for one hope he fails, cant stand the bloke, always making excuses, makes the worst subs ive ever seen and plays completely boring tactics, even if he didnt have the greatest squad
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    I for one hope he fails, cant stand the bloke, always making excuses, makes the worst subs ive ever seen and plays completely boring tactics, even if he didnt have the greatest squad
    You clearly never met him. Or listened to interviews. Rarely hid behind excuses. Dipping into his own salary to bring in loanees. Never had any funding here won't have any there either.

He should and I think would have stayed an assistant another season had circumstances been different. He didn't have Sven Goran Eriksson to show him the ropes either.

I think too many people associate him with the prick Pardew.
  • Options
    Good thing he could not give a damn about your opinion.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2011
    Oh dear CharltonToddler I got castigated on here six months ago for raking over old ground (which I had no knowledge of as a new 'Lifer') and disrespecting the previous manager, resulting in a request to move on and not mention his name. I could understand where some people were coming from following cries of 'Here we go again its Groundhog Day'. There are certain posters on here however that get very close to the players and management and can't accept any critism of them and there is an old saying 'The truth hurts'. Its your opinion as it was mine at the time, be strong you'll get over it; I had to!
  • Options
    I hope Parky survives as ( 1 ) he's a decent bloke and ( 2 ) it would be great business to get £100,000 for Benno, a 32 year old forward who can leave for nothing in the Summer. If Parky gets the sack before January ( which I doubt ), that deal will most certainly be dead in the water. Benno's departure, like that of Francis, will also free up some space in the squad and wage bill, as we look ahead to the second half of the season and beyond.
  • Options

Parky likes his Taxis... 1 up front and direct as possible

boooooom

• Options
    I wish him well.  It didn't work out here, but he was working under ridiculously difficult circumstances.   Now he's got himself another tough assignment. I hope he succeeds, he deserves a bit of luck.
  • Options
    Nice bloke not very good manager.
  • Options

The Bantam's view: http://bcafc.livewwware.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=67600&sid=6c52156cd5f30b7dc0184d285ee5749e

and http://bcafc.livewwware.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=67575

Not exactly resounding support but looks like they're sick to death of changing the manager every half season

Interesting that someone says he's been provided with funds, I didn't think that was the case at all

• Options

He's proved at Charlton how difficult it is to make changes mid-season - but if Parky can survive to the end of the season, he'll re-group and start the next season well enough. That's his strength.

Providing Bradford don't get relegated, of course!
  • Options

No even with us and still having a pop at him

• Options
    edited November 2011

No even with us and still having a pop at him

to be fair, the vast majority of this thread is positive towards him.
  • Options
    true but its aimed at the boring negative people who can't think of anything good to say