Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Logan's injury

Just read he has gone for a brain scan. Hopefully only a precaution.

Comments

• Hopefully mate
  • Got all clear got a stiff neck thats it - on brentford forum
  • Got all clear got a stiff neck thats it - on brentford forum
    Link please - wanna see what they say about the game
  • Heard a Brentford fan on BBC London call our fans disrepectful, i think sick is a better word for the ones who were singing let him die. disgusting.
  • Heard a Brentford fan on BBC London call our fans disrepectful, i think sick is a better word for the ones who were singing let him die. disgusting.
    Most/all of the charlton fans clapped him off...
    Yeah most did but there was a small minority who started singing let him die when he was still unconscious on the floor, i guess these are the same people who think racist chants are funny
  • Disc they continue to sing it when they realised it was serious injury
  • Yeah most did but there was a small minority who started singing let him die when he was still unconscious on the floor, i guess these are the same people who think racist chants are funny

Somthing needs to be done about these people who sing the "lisbie song" and let him die.
  • Let him die has been sung by fans across the grounds for decades and is normally just banter

I am sure that when it was noticed it was a serious injury that it stopped from the majority of fans
  • I think everyone knew it was serious straight away the way he was laid out on the floor not moving
  • Sponsored links:

• To be fair to the fans singing it, from what I heard when people realised it was serious it stopped and was replaced by charlton songs. Its been a song sung at football for years, I think when fans realise its a serious injury and still sing it, thats disrepectful, but that wasnt the case today.
  • That's what I mean , it is a football song that is football banter, I am glad to hear that was the case
    Yeah most did but there was a small minority who started singing let him die when he was still unconscious on the floor, i guess these are the same people who think racist chants are funny
    Don't know how you think you can call them racist or compare them to racists what a stupid comment. Like someone said above its football banter and I probably would have sang let him die until it became clear it was serious.
  • What is going on here. Yes heard the let him die for about ten seconds. Jesus. We knew he was injured as his legs went into spasms as his physio held his head straight. Quite upsetting. We all clapped him off.

Got to stop this mud slinging.
  • What Curb_It said.
    Don't know how you think you can call them racist or compare them to racists what a stupid comment. Like someone said above its football banter and I probably would have sang let him die until it became clear it was serious.
    Singing it when someone's clearly milking an injury yeah, but personally dont see how anyone could have justified singing it at any point during Logan's injury

Personally i hope those singing it didnt realise the severity at the time but you know i wouldnt put anything past certain sections of our crowd this season.
    It was obvious it was serious as soon as the ref stopped play, a few and I emphasise a few charlton did go on with the stupid "banter" whilst the majority watched with concern.  Some banter is just embarrasing,but it was only a few
  • Some people have got a real problem with our own fans and can't help but dig them out.
  • Some people have got a real problem with our own fans and can't help but dig them out.
    Mate im a proud Charlton fan and certainly take no pleasure in saying anything bad about our own fans.
  • I was in the upper tier but never heard the 'let him die' singing. It was soon apparent that the lad was clearly in trouble but I had still not heard any disrespectful chants when the physios were working on him. Sincerely hope his injury is not serious and that he makes a full recovery.
  • Sponsored links:

• When our physio was on the pitch helping out too it was quite obvious. All I heard was mutterings of concern.

Then after yes... it was the keepers fault it was the keepers fault...
    not heard us give an oppo player that big an ovation in a long time. 

fuck the odd freak who thought it was something to laugh about.
  • There were some singing "let him die" right in front of me. I told one to shut up as you could see he appeared to be having a fit. Thankfully he did.
  • If he`s Ok then great news never nice to see, as a part time physio, you dont hear anything around you in a situation like that and dont think the players do either. 
  • To be fair the fans, they did stop the singing as soon as the stretcher came on. The stretcher came on about 30 seconds after their physio. The worrying thing was when Logan was just flat out. It's been said but the round of applause he got when he eventually got off the pitch was very respectful. Everyone around me was concerned. 

I still haven't heard this Lisbie song so I can't comment on that.

You're always going to get bad football fans at games. Unfortunately there's nothing  we can do about that. There's usually more good than bad.
  • According to his twitter feed he got out on Saturday night.  Bit sore tho.

@Shay2920
  • Think some fans need to take a chill pill and realise that it's all part of the 'pantomime' that is terrace chanting. As said, I'm sure that most (if not all) stopped as soon as they realised that he was in a bad way.

Christ we'll be slagging off our own when the ref gets stretchered off to a chorus of "you're not fit to referee" next.

And of course one or two Brentford fans want to have a dig. They lost and feel hard done by.
  • I was at Brentford on Saturday, and admittedly sung "let him die" .. and respect to those who know the banter and history, we're not the only club that sing it! Didn't hear anyone carry on as soon as the severity of the injury was stressed, and joined in with the substantial applause that Logan got as he was stretchered off.. Don't see how those singing it could be compared to racists singing songs about Lisbie, and even so.. i didn't hear anything about Lisbie at Brentford, and can't yet say i've ever heard it? Anyone know the words? :/

It's sad to see that even when we're 5 points clear at the top, and getting quality wins at the likes of Brentford, with buzzing atmospheres, people are still slating our own fans. Think it's all part of an away day to be honest. Let your hair down and enjoy yourselves for once..
  • I was at Brentford on Saturday, and admittedly sung "let him die" .. and respect to those who know the banter and history, we're not the only club that sing it! Didn't hear anyone carry on as soon as the severity of the injury was stressed, and joined in with the substantial applause that Logan got as he was stretchered off.. Don't see how those singing it could be compared to racists singing songs about Lisbie, and even so.. i didn't hear anything about Lisbie at Brentford, and can't yet say i've ever heard it? Anyone know the words? :/

It's sad to see that even when we're 5 points clear at the top, and getting quality wins at the likes of Brentford, with buzzing atmospheres, people are still slating our own fans. Think it's all part of an away day to be honest. Let your hair down and enjoy yourselves for once..

Some may be lacking in the follicles department Dan ;-0